ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

its impossible

does anyone know anyone that has a clio with no rust.......when i say no rust...i mean no rust at all !!

infact does anyone know someone whom owns a car ...any make..but excluding fibreglass,aluminum etc (never been restored)......used on the road.....with no rust ?

the only car i know is a MK1 golf gti....looks like its just come out of a show room...but its only driven on dry days (very rarley......like 3-4 times a year) & then it goes back to the tempeture/humidity controlled garage where it usually lives

yes me. Had my car nearly three years and no rust at all. Used and abused every day. Saying that, the Falcon more than makes up for it!!

Pretty sure i could find some.............

WHy Mark?

bit of a silly thing to say with cars being made out of steel and all.

I had a 12 year old Toyota MR2 ... not a single spot of rust on it. Nor did it have any when I sold it... I dont know why... maybe cars are like wine... It was a good year lol.

One thing I did notice over my clio though is that my toyota had a good thick layer of paint on it... and nice thick underseal sprayed everywhere underneath and in the wheel arches.

Look under they clio and there is no underseal at all in places.

my old 1989 205 (yes 205) HAD NO RUST AT ALL!! and the valver now also doesnt have a spot of rust on it, no even on the subframe

my old 1989 205 (yes 205) HAD NO RUST AT ALL!! and the valver now also doesnt have a spot of rust on it, not even on the subframe

Quote: Originally posted by ivegota16v on 10 September 2003

my old 1989 205 (yes 205) HAD NO RUST AT ALL!! and the valver now also doesnt have a spot of rust on it, no even on the subframe
Mine was exactly the same, found with the 205 they either had loads or none.

i bet you i could find rust on anyones car....it would be hard to belive the MR2 not having any rust......weve had loads of them in for welding.....any car 10 years or older...i bet i could find rust...what do you reckon ben?

i recon any car..........bar brand spankers...........

MR2s, the original ones are prone to arch rust........and behind all those plastic bits.

If you want to find rust, just check those silly little sills and jacking points, near your rear axle, front lower crossmember.

Unless youve actively restored or removed it.....its gonna have rust.

i remember buying a pug 106 with a rear end shunt....the car was just over 1 year old & when i removed the rear panel ....there was rust.....but as soon as the new panel was welded in place....you wouldnt have known it was there !!...........& condensation prob caused that.

only possible way your gonna slow the ageing process of metal is to buy the car brand new & have it all injected with rust inhibiter...& that costs hundreds of pounds...& even then it has to be done again....& i bet you still get rust in some places.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member

my clio 97 1.4rt is in mint condition, gets waxoiled + washed very reguarly NO rust AT ALL, which im sellin swn btw...ne takers ;)

williams and trophy

when ive finished mate il bring my 1961 mini to u .......see if u can find any rust on that, cos if u an so can the concourse judges

Quote: Originally posted by Fatherted on 10 September 2003

infact does anyone know someone whom owns a car ...any make..but excluding fibreglass,aluminum etc (never been restored)......used on the road.....with no rust ?

Quote: Originally posted by J_rt on 10 September 2003

my clio 97 1.4rt is in mint condition, gets waxoiled + washed very reguarly NO rust AT ALL, which im sellin swn btw...ne takers ;)
yer cheeky sod !!! lol.......the for sale sections that way >>>> lmao!