ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iTunes 11

Anyone else dreading this?

Personally I'm not really excited about it. I like the way iTunes currently works. I'm not a r****d and I have no problem using it. All my data is perfectly organised and I know how to maintain it. I don't really want a dumbed-down iOS style experience.

You?

133/225/CLS AMG
Haven't given it much thought to be honest, will await and see though.

Admittedly I rather like how iTunes works. On my old PC I thought it seemed clunky and slow but on my Mac it works really well. Will see what 11 is like.

I dislike itunes, on a PC it's a disaster. Really basic things like scanning a new drive of songs which takes over a day and it's need to do that after it cant find the network drive on one occasion meant I never use it. Version 11 just looks like a decent copy of lots of other software like Zune etc and I cant see anything ground breaking so it'll be ok. Being honest it can only be better!

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Never had a problem with iTunes on PC since 9, admittedly I haven't heard anything about 11. Will google.

Works great ATM with remote on my phone too, one thing I hate is not being able to view all songs by one artist, unless I'm just being special.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Tbh, I dont get all the hate for iTunes.

My libraries are all nicely organised and it couldn't be easier to get stuff onto our IOS devices.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Works great ATM with remote on my phone too, one thing I hate is not being able to view all songs by one artist, unless I'm just being special.

You're being special.

Type the name of the artist into the search bar and the click the little arrow on the magnifying glass and select "Artist".

Bus w**ker
I love iTunes. If they f**k it up with 11 I'll probably cry...then stop being a r****d, get used to it, realise it's not actually bad and get on with life.

320d M Sport
Delayed :

http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/1671767?articlePage=0

If you were wondering where iTunes 11 was, you're not alone. With one day left in October, it was coming down to the wire on Apple's promised delivery date. Now, Apple says it is delaying the release of iTunes 11 in order to 'get it right'.

Here's the statement Apple has given to All Things D: "The new iTunes is taking longer than expected and we wanted to take a little extra time to get it right. We look forward to releasing this new version of iTunes with its dramatically simpler and cleaner interface, and seamless integration with iCloud before the end of November."

Apple had promised that it was going to be here 'in October' back at the iPhone 5 event. The update is a 'ground up reworking' of the kludgy software that many feel is one of the worst pieces of Apple's software puzzle. It is expected to include tighter integration with iCloud, a redesigned album and music browsing experience and a new user interface.

The previous version of iTunes has taken a lot of flack for being slow and awful to use. It was originally introduced by Steve Jobs as a part of Apple's Digital Hub strategy, which featured the iMac as the central repository of all of your media. Since that time, connected devices like Apple's iPod touch, iPad and iPhone have made the cloud the new hub, rather than a physical computer. The refactoring of iTunes to be more iCloud friendly will take advantage of that trend and hopefully alleviate a lot of the bloat while it's at it.

I'm not really sure why so many people have problems with iTunes. In fact it continues to baffle me. It's easy. IMO if you constantly find it difficult to use, then you should really look at yourself in the mirror and contemplate the realisation that you are actually pretty simple. lol ;)

AK

M240i
iTunes never worked properly for me on Windows.

On OS X it's a completely different animal :eek:.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
iTunes never worked properly for me on Windows.

On OS X it's a completely different animal :eek:.

I think this is the issue tbh, I've never really got on with it myself (it does the job but isn't a joy to use and feels clunky), I suspect it works a whole lot better on OS X.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
It never seams to work properly for me, never know what's going to do.

E36 328
I'm not really sure why so many people have problems with iTunes. In fact it continues to baffle me. It's easy. IMO if you constantly find it difficult to use, then you should really look at yourself in the mirror and contemplate the realisation that you are actually pretty simple. lol ;)

Exactly this. Also, I dont understand how so many people are saying its a different animal on window?? From a usability point of view, theyre both the bloody same!

In fact, on my macbook, it frequently can't connect to itunes match, and I never have that problem on my pc desktop.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
The thing you have to accept is that iTunes will always do things it's way. Once you accept that and let it get on with it, it's fine.

It is also infinitely better on mac than it is on PC.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
What annoys me is I never know if it's going to delete everything off my phone then copy what's on the computer to it, or other way round.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
iTunes is a massively complex database management tool, i can see why laymen struggle to use it. You just need to sit down and learn it.

But i've never had problems on the Mac version, the windows version has exhibited some unusual quirks (Slowdowns, not doing restore/backups correctly)

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I like iTunes, runs much better on my MacBook than on the desktop I used before. Probably spec of the machine doing that though.

Bus w**ker
Updated mine last night and I like it. From a usability point of view I'm not finding any difference, but it looks pretty - took me a bit to get it to look how I wanted it to (View -> Show sidebar FYI). I'm not seeing the point of the mini player but I love the 'playing next' feature and history. The iOS app looks awesome too, love how it changes the background colour for each album/track depending on the main colour of the album art; very clever.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
What is Apples obsession with calling stuff fun?

Apple Press Release said:
Completely Redesigned. iTunes makes it more fun to explore and enjoy your music, movies, and TV shows. You'll love the beautiful edge-to-edge design, custom designs for each album, movie, or TV show in your library, and getting personal recommendations any time you click In the Store.

Since when has selecting which song to play been considered a fun activity? They keep using the word in the most bizarre places.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Imo, its just looks slightly different as opposed to being better. Just feels like a new skin for iTunes.

Never above 25mpg
Nothing wrong with the old iTunes, this layout seems a bit retarded to me! Just has the essence of WMP to it and I hate that.

Bus w**ker
Thanks Tom

Ahem.

Updated mine last night and I like it. From a usability point of view I'm not finding any difference, but it looks pretty - took me a bit to get it to look how I wanted it to (View -> Show sidebar FYI). I'm not seeing the point of the mini player but I love the 'playing next' feature and history. The iOS app looks awesome too, love how it changes the background colour for each album/track depending on the main colour of the album art; very clever.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Seem's very slow with my NAS drive - keep getting the spinning wheel unless I'm connected via cable.

Very annoying!

Have they got rid of iTunes DJ?

That was about the only thing I liked about iTunes and now I can't find it.

And the "playing next" thing is nowhere near as good as what iTunes DJ was.