ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iTunes 9.2 now out - full release

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
yea, it wouldnt work when i first installed and then after a reboot had a popup message that said it wont work blah blah and neither will usb until un-installation.

something to do with modifying the apple mobile device service.

still works fine with it installed on the actual iPhone though

oh and also:

While we had been under the impression that iTunes 9.2 would be released alongside iOS 4, it appears that Apple has already pushed the update for iTunes to the public, ahead of the scheduled release with iOS 4 on June 21st, 2010.

With this update comes some warning notes for the Jailbreak community, as iTunes 9.2 is not fully compatible with the recent Spirit Jailbreak tool. It is currently recommended to stay away from iTunes 9.2 all together unless you have the need to be on iOS 4 GM. If your not familiar with this, then stop what your doing and simply wait this one out.

If you have not yet jailbroken your device and have iTunes 9.2 installed already, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO JAILBREAK. Your device will go into an infinite boot loop.

If your iDevice is already jailbroken with Spirit prior to iTunes 9.2, then you shouldn't have any problems, but we still recommend to stay away from this update for now. Comex is aware of this and is looking into the issue further to see if he can't patch things up. Patience my friends.

IF your using tools other than Spirit, The iPhone Dev Team has confirmed there are no problems with PwnageTool or RedSn0w with the new iTunes 9.2. So those are you best bet for jailbreaking tools if your already on iTunes 9.2 and need to jailbreak.

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news/714382-itunes-9-2-released-not-safe-spirit-jailbreakers.html

dk

911 GTS Cab
hmm, various people on warex reporting worse battery life with 4 on a 3gs, thought it was supposed to be better!

got itunes 9.2 now but not sure i want to bother upgrading to 4 until its automatic on monday, think i can wait until then.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
hmm, various people on warex reporting worse battery life with 4 on a 3gs, thought it was supposed to be better!

got itunes 9.2 now but not sure i want to bother upgrading to 4 until its automatic on monday, think i can wait until then.

i just got halfway through the iOS 4 download and then cancelled it, same reason as you dk no point now tbh

dk

911 GTS Cab
you have to do a restore on it using the new firmware and some people have had to do it 3 times before it works yada yada.

i'm past the whole jailbreaking thing, i just want reliable easy upgrades where i won't lose any settings or data or positions in games these days, i can hang on 4 days for that!

Clio 182
Battery life is not that bad when running 4. I have been running it for a few days now and haven't really noticed a difference. The new OS is really quite an improvement from 3.1.3 I actually like my 3GS again :)

If you haven't done it already, install it! Its very good!

Laz

SLK 350
Guessing 4.0 means those using sn0w to unlock are fucked, still on baseband 04.26.08 with 3.1.3 on my 3G. Need to get my O2 unlock.

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
Battery life is much improved on my 3gs running iOS4...

For jailbreakers, geo is apparently releasing limerain in the not too distant future for ios4 devices...

What the f**k is it with Apple?

I've had this same laptop with Vista for 3 years now. iTunes has always run fine, with my iPods and iPhones.

THEN, they release 9.1. All of a sudden, syncing my iPhone results in iTunes crashing and freezing, and never completing. The Genius at the shop says it must be an iPhone software bug and to do a restore. Even though the problems only started as soon as I upgraded to 9.1, and it being very unstable, I decide to follow their advice.

This results in a dead iPhone, as iTunes crashes before it can restore the phone. I have to install iTunes on my work computer (xp) to be able to get it working again. I lose everything on the phone.

Wipe EVERYTHING to do with Apple off my laptop, and re-install iTunes 9.0.8 which was the last version I had prior to 9.1, and I knew it worked.

Everything worked fine for 2 months.

Today - c**ting Apple release 9.2. I presume that they would have sorted any bugs in the software and upgrade it. OH MY f**kING GOD!! It's doing it all again. So I'm now going to have to get rid of it, re-install 9.0.8 and piss about renaming libraries again, as the new iTunes seem to f**k them up for some reason.

I'm so close to selling the iPhone, and giving up with Apple. Why should I have to rely on iTunes to do anything to my f**king phone. GIVE ME OVER THE AIR UPDATES FOR HEAVENS SAKE!!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
What the f**k is it with Apple?

I've had this same laptop with Vista for 3 years now. iTunes has always run fine, with my iPods and iPhones.

THEN, they release 9.1. All of a sudden, syncing my iPhone results in iTunes crashing and freezing, and never completing. The Genius at the shop says it must be an iPhone software bug and to do a restore. Even though the problems only started as soon as I upgraded to 9.1, and it being very unstable, I decide to follow their advice.

This results in a dead iPhone, as iTunes crashes before it can restore the phone. I have to install iTunes on my work computer (xp) to be able to get it working again. I lose everything on the phone.

Wipe EVERYTHING to do with Apple off my laptop, and re-install iTunes 9.0.8 which was the last version I had prior to 9.1, and I knew it worked.

Everything worked fine for 2 months.

Today - c**ting Apple release 9.2. I presume that they would have sorted any bugs in the software and upgrade it. OH MY f**kING GOD!! It's doing it all again. So I'm now going to have to get rid of it, re-install 9.0.8 and piss about renaming libraries again, as the new iTunes seem to f**k them up for some reason.

I'm so close to selling the iPhone, and giving up with Apple. Why should I have to rely on iTunes to do anything to my f**king phone. GIVE ME OVER THE AIR UPDATES FOR HEAVENS SAKE!!

Buy a MacBook, rather than a creaky, plastic PC? :p

Works brilliantly on OSX.

Fiat Panda 100hp
Yeah what a good idea. Spend £800 to fix a software bug. idiot. ;)

Hey, at least Apple are making itunes for Windows. If you bought a Zune you can only install the Zune software on Windows.

So as above, buy a mac works brilliantly.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I think I might just swipe three fingers across my mouse after i've typed this.

It saves me navigating nine miles across my 27" display.

<3

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I think I might just swipe three fingers across my mouse after i've typed this.

It saves me navigating nine miles across my 27" display.

<3

LOL

I am so tempted by one of those magic mice, but I'm not sure how it will be with games and whether it'll work on Windows.

iTunes and Windows is a pain in the arse that should really be sorted, but I guess Apple's main concern is that it works on OSX, which it does. Still, there's a lot of PC users out there and being able to manage your iPhone without having to go through restores/visits to the genius bar or someone that owns a mac would be a nice part of ownership.

Strangely enough I find myself tempted toward Android instead of iPhone4 this time round, but we'll see what happens I guess.

iTunes is working flawlessly on my new macbook. Best £800 ever spent.

I've heard of loads of people having issues with iTunes on windows lately. Everyone is upgrading to 9.2 so they can put ios4 on, and it's crashing.

Apple really should sort out the issues. Although, I don't care anymore lolz.

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
My netbook is still fucked, gone back to 9.0.2 I think as at least it works, but mobile me keeps whinging that it needs upgrading and I can't unless I put the new iTunes on and then it freezes computer so I have to force it to shut down! Ggggrrrrr

My netbook is still f**ked, gone back to 9.0.2 I think as at least it works, but mobile me keeps whinging that it needs upgrading and I can't unless I put the new iTunes on and then it freezes computer so I have to force it to shut down! Ggggrrrrr

That was the issue I was having. No amount of uninstalling and reinstalling, disabling other programs, or anything else would sort it out. Just had to go back to 9.0.8 which was fine.

You will need 9.2 to put ios4 on your phone.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
I've had problems with 9.2 putting video onto my ipad.. in the end I had to completely erase all the stuff off it and start from scratch.

Thanks Apple.. why can't i just drag/drop stuff onto it bypassing Itunes !!

Oil Burner
When is OS4 available through the usual update method? My itunes 9.2 is convinced i have the latest version - 3.1.3

Mondeo ST TDci
anyone having issues transferring music across? i used to be able to drag and drop from music to my 'touch music' ... now it doesn't do it unless i sync all music!
your only able to do it via tick boxes in artists or genres? what have i missed?