ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Itunes and Ipod problems!

Titanium 182
Recently when iv bought compilation cds and uploaded them to my itunes, the track names havnt been listed, they have just came up track 1, track 2 and so on, it started doing this about 2 months ago, but as iv uploaded more cds i cant keep track of what songs are what without listening to them!, i thought this must have been something to do with the cds until my mate said the same cd brought up the track listings on his itunes!

anyone have any ideas what the problem could be or how i can sort it!?

also my ipod nano keeps crashing nearly everytime i use it which isnt that often! its the newer squarer style one is it worth taking it back?!

RB 182
Yeah that's the latest version, as your computer is crashing I presume it's a Windows computer.

Can you access the iTunes store? If you can then that would suggest that the program can access the net ok.

Titanium 182
the computer never crashes? the ipod just randomly starts freezing and i have to reset it!

just tried to connect to the store and it wont, it says there is an unknown error and to make sure im connected to the internet! which i am!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
You've not got a firewall which allows access rules per application have you? If so, check that you've not accidentally blocked iTunes from internet access.

Titanium 182
thanks il check that now! would it not being able to access the internet affect the track names on uploaded cds to my itunes?

Titanium 182
for some reason itunes was set to no connection with the firewall! iv changed that to outbound connection now!

Titanium 182
just tried a cd and now the track names and that are coming up!

thanks for that lads!

how come it needs to be connected to the internet for that anyways!?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
just tried a cd and now the track names and that are coming up!

thanks for that lads!

how come it needs to be connected to the internet for that anyways!?

Becuase you don't have a database of every cd known to man on your computer for it to get track names from!

RB 182
It assesses the CD that put in and compares it to the database of song names online and then gives you the correct one. Imagine if you had a new CD it would have to go on the net to get the info as it wouldn't have the information on your computer as the information comes from the net and not the CD itself.