ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

itunes help

M135i
right, before my craptop finally dies on me, whats the process off transferring all my music from itunes (including the stuff ive bought on it) over to my external hard drive? needs to be put on there in time for when i get a shiny new mac book. :)

any help would be great

Megane 225 F1
go to the folder thats called itunes in your 'my music' and then copy and paste to wherever you wish.

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
go to the folder thats called itunes in your 'my music' and then copy and paste to wherever you wish.

i hate iTunes, and hence haven't tried to help yet. i was going to suggest this, but i believe it can start bitching about licenses?

i'll have a look on tinternet...

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
found this:

If you have already visited apple.com or the iTunes Web site, you have probably seen the long, long list of instructions given there to move your iTunes music. However, you can easily accomplish this task with just a CD or DVD, depending on how much music you need to transfer to your new PC.

Step 1. The first step is to copy all your music as data onto a recordable CD or DVD. To find where all your music is located, look in your iTunes files under the My Music folder. - presumably also works with USB stick etc.

Step 2. Once all your iTunes music files have been copied from the original PC, switch on your new PC and launch iTunes (load iTunes onto your PC if you haven't done so already). Before you import your music into your new PC, open up iTunes and click on the Advanced Options tab. Check the option Copy Files to iTunes Music Folder.

Step 3. Insert the DVD or CD with the copied music files into your PC. Just drag the music folders from your CD or DVD into the icon "Library" in the iTunes window. This will copy all the music data from the CD or DVD to your new PC. You can also access the iTunes Library from the iTunes main menu. Choose File, then choose Add to Library, and select the files you would like to copy from your CD or DVD.