ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Itunes + Iphone help

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
My Mums Iphone has her music on it. I reinstall windows on my PC. I then forgot to back up her itunes music.

When i start itunes and connect her IRingAdingDing, is it possible to sync her music on her Iphone back onto Itunes?

At present Itunes says it will wipe her music on her Iphone if i sync it.

All the tracks which were cd rips are in her Itunes Library.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Yeah you can, but you need a third party program to do it.

An i don't know what he name of the windows one is.

DMS

A thirsty 172
If you have all your track tags set up correctly and your library properly organised, you can actually do it through Windows without third party software.
You need to get Windows to detect the iPhone as a USB mass storage device.
Then perform a search of the device for media files. Copy and paste them into a folder on the PC. Doesn't matter that they aren't organised and the filenames are meaningless at this point.
Then configure iTunes to copy music files to your library, configure your library location and set it to automatically keep the library organised. Also configure it to download album art and track tags automatically just in case any are missing or can't be read (happens sometimes).
You can then import the folder from your PC into your music library and iTunes "should" sort it out for you. Then simply re-sync the phone.

That said, SharePod is a simpler and safer option.