ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iTunes Sharing between Mac & Windows

Inferno 182 CUP
Does anybody know how to share an itunes library with a windows machine that was created on a mac and stored on an external HD formatted to EXFAT.

i want to be able to add media to either library and it copy it to the main folder on the external HD.

I also want to be able to sync iphones/ipads with either mac or windows device as they are using the same itunes media library etc.

Google didnt give me much that i found useful!

FF Clio 182
Rule of thumb is Mac is Mac and Windows is Windows when it comes to sharing between the 2 your going to have a bad day.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Can I ask why you need to be able to do such from both operating systems? As I have suggestion of sorts but doesn't really suit your current situation given that it sounds like you have Windows installed via Boot Camp.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
It's not an alternative in terms of having iTunes on both Mac and Windows sharing a library, but if you used a program like Synergy, to control both the Windows and Mac machines with the same peripherals (keyboard, mouse etc) then you could utilise the iTunes library stored on one machine on both machines, plus Synergy allows drag and drop between the different operating systems, so you can download things on say Windows, and then drop them into your Mac iTunes library.

This would require both machines on though, and doesn't solve your problem as such, but if you wanted to have access to your iTunes library on both operating systems, and have it as up to date as possible on both (not having to add everything to two libraries) then this is probably the nearest solution that comes to mind.

Inferno 182 CUP
It's not an alternative in terms of having iTunes on both Mac and Windows sharing a library, but if you used a program like Synergy, to control both the Windows and Mac machines with the same peripherals (keyboard, mouse etc) then you could utilise the iTunes library stored on one machine on both machines, plus Synergy allows drag and drop between the different operating systems, so you can download things on say Windows, and then drop them into your Mac iTunes library.

This would require both machines on though, and doesn't solve your problem as such, but if you wanted to have access to your iTunes library on both operating systems, and have it as up to date as possible on both (not having to add everything to two libraries) then this is probably the nearest solution that comes to mind.

Both machines are not on side by side or using the same screen?