ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iTunes

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
For a programmer, this is quite an embarrassing question!

I've got a fresh install OS on my computer, just downloaded iTunes, if I now connect my iPod will it port all the songs to my PC, or will my PC port it all to the iPod, leaving it with nothing?

Thanks.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
It will import all your music purchased through iTunes but it won't do the 'other' music. There are various applications on the web which allow you to retrieve the music from your iPod, though file names usually get screwed up by the ones i've used in the past. Thankfully, I have a Mac now so I can just restore from time machine back up if needed.

It will leave it the iPod with nothing.

Do you still have the old iTunes library? If so copy it and when opening iTunes hold shift and point it to the iTunes library file.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
It will import all your music purchased through iTunes but it won't do the 'other' music. There are various applications on the web which allow you to retrieve the music from your iPod, though file names usually get screwed up by the ones i've used in the past. Thankfully, I have a Mac now so I can just restore from time machine back up if needed.

It will leave it the iPod with nothing.

Do you still have the old iTunes library? If so copy it and when opening iTunes hold shift and point it to the iTunes library file.

Cheers guys!
Nope, no old library!
Haven't updated my iPod for about two years, just wanted to add some new music to it!

320d M Sport
When you connect you need to click "transfer purchases". When I did that it copied everything from my phone to my new (then blank) iTunes.