ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ive bought a new key......

BMW 330D
RIght ive bought a brand new key from renault, as i only have one currently coded to the car. Where can i get it programmed? does it have to be renault?

fUbAr once told me Mr Minute can do it as long as there is a working key to copy from.

I'm highly sceptical however.

Rentech did mine using a CliP

fUbAr once told me Mr Minute can do it as long as there is a working key to copy from.

I'm highly sceptical however.

Rentech did mine using a CliP

my local locksmiths can copy the immobiliser code onto a new key from an exising one, but not the alarm/doors.

i thought it would be easy , you can program the fob to the car from new , you just need to find out the sequence of turns ,presses etc

LY 182
i thought it would be easy , you can program the fob to the car from new , you just need to find out the sequence of turns ,presses etc

Not on the Mk2's
going completely from memory i've done a few renaults this way,,
*if you want to program 2 kets*take the back of the key off and on the pcb you will see m (for master) and another letter on your spare key
put the master key in the ignition, turn ignition on and press the fob button then within ten seconds press fob button on the spare

to do one key you just put the key in, turn ignition on and press the button

sorry, you are all talking about immobiliser codes right ? my method only works for cdl

Last edited:
Not on the Mk2's
going completely from memory i've done a few renaults this way,,
*if you want to program 2 kets*take the back of the key off and on the pcb you will see m (for master) and another letter on your spare key
put the master key in the ignition, turn ignition on and press the fob button then within ten seconds press fob button on the spare

to do one key you just put the key in, turn ignition on and press the button

sorry, you are all talking about immobiliser codes right ? my method only works for cdl

Yeo your right that re syncros the keys up but doens't program them thats how to fix them if they get mixed up as can happen.