ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ive got a fuel problem, Comments

Got in my car today and whilst driving i noticed that the petrol light had came on. I thought to myself that it was funny as i had put £10 of fuel in the day before. On looking at the petrol gauge (see pic) it shows i have plenty of petrol. The computer also says that i dont have any and shows --- which is normally less that 30 miles. Im also currently doing 28.4 MPG. What should i believe and has anyone had any problems like this. I am obviously going to put some petrol in later just in case but i think it might be another trip to the dealer.

http://www.dings.com/fuel.jpg

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

have you just tried reseting the trip on the mpg and range displays?

if for instance u went around a sharp corner a I have in the past the fuel falls away from the sensor. thus showing low fuel level. Bet u if u put a fiver in, it will go out. had this happen. once computer feels that no fuel in tank, the only way to reset is to put more fuel in to the tank.

I was driving on a staight when it happened. I will see what happen when i put some more fuel in tonight. I did try restting the computer but didnt do any good. Ive got to see my dealer on saturday anyway. Just wondered if it was something simple.

Alfa Mito 155TB

try pushing in the end button on the right hand stalk and then switch on the ignition to position III. All the gauges should go around and figures reset.

This might fix your glitch !!

Ive had a problem just like this one... dealer eventually replaced sender... but the gauge is still innaccurate (fuel light comes on when computer says ~7 gallons have been used since filling) plus the "miles remaining" bit has displayed ---- for the last 4 months even if I fill the tank and reset everything.

Back to the dealers?