ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phase 1 fuel tank, same as any clio?

Phase 1 172
Hiii, I'm new here. I need a new tank for my phase 1 172. It got melted!! I just wanna know if all clio fuel tanks are the same. Someone here must know the answer to this?

Also not my fault, the previous owner fitted an exhaust really bad. I never noticed until it was too late. Its got a wee fibre glass repair on it for now but its always in the back of my mind. Its the last thing you need, petrol pouring over a roasting hot exhaust!!

Thanks

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Hiii, I'm new here. I need a new tank for my phase 1 172. It got melted!! I just wanna know if all clio fuel tanks are the same. Someone here must know the answer to this?

Also not my fault, the previous owner fitted an exhaust really bad. I never noticed until it was too late. Its got a wee fibre glass repair on it for now but its always in the back of my mind. Its the last thing you need, petrol pouring over a roasting hot exhaust!!

Thanks
I'm sure the ph2 tanks will be the same (petrol cars obviously), not sure if the ph1s are any different because of having a return and on some early cars I believe an in-line fuel filter? I'd guess the main difference would be in the sender unit though which you'd want to swap over anyway.

Is the part number visible on the tank from underneath?

Definitely get it sorted, I wouldn't trust epoxy holding up against petrol.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Also, comparing the phots in this eBay listing for a ph2 tank to the diagram linked they look identical, although I'm sure someone who's better on ph1s will be along to correct me if I'm wrong.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Didn't the Ph1 tank have an external fuel filter?

So maybe there's some differences in the way the pipes run, or the pump/sender units and attaching areas?

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Ph1 sender has the return pipe fitted, tank prob nigh on identical. Swap sender over for your current one

Phase 1 172
cool, thanks guys. i spoke to someone today about it. they said the phase 1 has an external fuel filter. I just bought that one on ebay, it will fit in the gap and I will make the rest of it work hopefully???
i'll let you know how i get on, when im crying lying under my car covered in petrol

Phase 1 172
yooo, fitted the tank today. i bought the one linked on ebay at the top of this thread. i can 100% confirm it fits, the only difference was the cradle to hold the external fuel filter. nothing a cable tie couldn't sort. so that was a tank from a phase 2 fitted on the phase 1.
thanks for the info guys :)