ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I've Got Mayonnaise

Help just been out in the car and had a quicky under me inspection cap once everything was all warmed up and i've got a ring of mayo around the edge and some of it on the funnel thingy going down into the engine, there seems to be a fair amount of it :dead:. could this be the ominus head gasket or is it just normal for me lil 1.2 in the winter with residue getting in. The car is used for mainly getting to college short journeys and the occasional sunday thrash around the countryside, but it's been a while. it's had a good beasting tonight to try and clear some of it but still seems to be a fair bit in there i will have a better look tomorrow and pics if need be. Any ideas would be helpful or knowledge of common prob with this engine 1.2 16v Mk2 Ph2 '03.

Many Thanks Matt

CB600FS
How many miles do you do Matt? Regular short/stop start journeys?

Common on the 1.2s wouldn't worry, just wipe it off, if you feel the need change the oil and filter aswell but I wouldn't bother, common as muck

yea just the lil mayb bout 16 miles each day broken into 4 journeys each allowing enough time for the engine to go cold. yea ok ill stop worring

BMW M135i
Unless theres absolute boatloads of it and its on the dipstick and your loosing coolant its fine. Triat of the D4F due to its plastic rocket cover and moisure getting in, will be especially bad this time of year. Remember when I first found it on my old 1.2, almost s**t a brick until I found it was normal. Mine never really went away and I used to do loads of 100+ mile runs the the motorway.

Lots of Alfas
Yup, Ive had 2X 1.2s and they both were the same the trouble is the 1.2 8v and 16v struggle to get upto temperature in this weather. Some older mk2ph1s had insulation in the bonnet and bulkhead like the 172 but all the newer ones dont. Wipe it off go for a drive then when you get back sit in the car for 10-15mins on the drive so the temp goes up, turn off and then inspect it, should be gone.