ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I've just got my Clio. Not quite idoling correctly??

MG ZR 1.8
Hey. Got a 1.4 16v and Its idoling about 500 rather than 600,700?
Best step to go down. It's driving alright. I love it tbh haha so much better than my corsa!

07 Campus Sport 1.2
my old 1.4 8v idled quite low, never did it any harm so i cant say whether its an issue. does it struggle a little when idling, like its about to cut out?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Needs diags matey... live data will confirm/deny but it sounds like either an H02 or CTS problem... Should idle around 750-780

MG ZR 1.8
When started it idle's really low and sort of levels out but still too low but drives fine?

Dirty sensor?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Dirty TB maybe but that wouldn't account for a low idle like that as 500rpm is the tacho's minimum reading. My guess is a sensor sending duff info - Sounds like it needs a proper service and some attention.

Mick

172 Cup R.I.P
the throttle body was filthy lol prob has not/never been cleaned it was actually caked around the butterfly valve causing it to stick i reckon hence the poor idle but starts and runs perfectly now :cool:

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
TB's and resonator boxes are a common service item for me as most places that do these "£99 Full Services" don't actually do anything other than oil and filters.... that reminds me, must get that info up in the traders section.

Glad its sorted for you both - result!

Mick