ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jacking up a 182

Ive got to jack up my 182 later to take wheel off - but have read some post on here about the jack bending the chassis and all sorts of other problems.

What is the best way to jack the car up without causing problems. Should I use a trolly jack instead?

Ford Fiesta

yes this is why i am not going to use the jack supplied, if I get a flat going to phone the AA as i dont want to use the tin of foam either. Not sure of best place to use the trolley javk though under the car. someone will know though

Personally I use two jacks and go gentle highering the car at the front and back at the same time.

They are week the sills though and have been know to bend.

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 24 August 2004

Personally I use two jacks and go gentle highering the car at the front and back at the same time.

They are week the sills though and have been know to bend.
really good idea, never thought of that!

Renault Laguna Coupe

Youll deform the sills with the standard jack - doesnt do any harm, and certainly wont compromise the chassis, but looks a bit of a mess. Trolley jacks do the same, but there are some strong points under the car that you can use instead. Trouble is the car is quite low, and some trolley jacks wont go low enough to let you get at them.

As Mike says stuggle to find alternatives, the rear beam is a good one for trolley jacks to get the whole rear end of the ground, but still stuck when it comes to the front.

Id have thought you just put a trolley jack under the bottom of the suspension? Thats what I do on my lowered Mk 1 as the jack wont go under most places!

Mercedes AMG GLE 53

Easiest way i found is jack up the rear slightly on the beam, this lifts the front enough to get a trolley jack under the front subframe area.

Dave