ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jailbroken Apple TV - Talk to me

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Are these as good as they sound? I have been offered one by one of the lads in the warehouse at work and he's saying you can watch pretty much anything?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Thank you sir. I think its got to be well worth the £150 he's asking then. :)

Clio 182
Haha, yeah i'd probably get yourself on apples website and buy a new one. It isn't rocket science to jailbreak if you want that extra functionality!

Audi A3
Thought I'd revive this thread.

Really looking into getting one but they seem to be £250+ on eBay? Any alternative options?

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Had a quick look at plex, seems just like ultraviolet?

I dont think so, Plex allows for a server containing all of your content (movies, tv, music,etc.) and access to it via the trailers section of the ATV.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
You can install third party apps that give you the ability to stream lots of content.

I figured that, are these the types of apps that allow free streaming of movies? That's the only reason I'd consider it

I dont think so, Plex allows for a server containing all of your content (movies, tv, music,etc.) and access to it via the trailers section of the ATV.

Ah right, may be worth looking into cheers :)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I'm currently using netflix for £6 per month

ive also got a ultraviolet account

is that TV now thing worth switching to? All I want it for is films/tv shows. I usually stream music from YouTube/iOS devices when I'm in the house. And can TV now be streamed to Apple TV?

edit: had a search and I'm unsure whether it can be streamed to atv, threads from 2012 say definitely not... Recent troubleshooting links suggest it can be done, can't find a certain answer. Any help?

Last edited: