ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

James' Phase 1 Clio 172

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Good to know it’ll be up for sale again soon! I quite fancied it to replace the 200 when I sell that.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Well here it is. Just driven upto Wigan to collect this from @Danith and it's a little cracker!

Few little bits here and there to do, but I'd be bored if there wasn't something on it to fix/replace

IMG_20180623_191132.jpg
IMG_20180623_191145.jpg
IMG_20180623_191125.jpg

Usual melted steering wheel, and a silly loud powerflow exhaust are the first things to be sorted. Overall though, a really good condition phase 1!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Well here it is. Just driven upto Wigan to collect this from @Danith and it's a little cracker!

Few little bits here and there to do, but I'd be bored if there wasn't something on it to fix/replace

View attachment 1371676View attachment 1371677View attachment 1371678

Usual melted steering wheel, and a silly loud powerflow exhaust are the first things to be sorted. Overall though, a really good condition phase 1!
Looks lovely! How's the rust?

Needs the bonnet sticker removing too ;)

Very nice looking car this, saw it for sale and was like :D but then remembered I already have a 182 and no spare garage space lol!

Nice to see it's staying on the forum, will be interested to see what's done. Black wheels and lows really suit it!

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Love a ph1.

Oh James, you are a doll.

So..... spec current and future plans please.
It's currently on some sort of springs, possibly apex, and a powerflow exhaust.

Ideally I want to replace the rear bumper for an uncut one, and a stealth exhaust, eibach springs, and wheels back to silver.
Tidy up a few things like retrimmed steering wheel and maybe a MINT driver's seat. That'll be about it. Keep the miles off it as it's only on 56k

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Dropping the steering wheel off with snappy on Saturday for a retrim.
Got a new coolant bottle from @JP83 to go in, and I've just had front cup shocks off him. Will get two rears ordered, and look for some sportlines. Also got some little bits like silvervision bulbs to go in.

Getting a price off a local powder coaters tomorrow to get the wheels back to silver. Should be pretty cheap as I only paid 120 quid for my 19" M3 wheels

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks mate.

I contacted him twice via and it seems to fall down. He was waiting on some but never heard back.

I love his work and would rather go to him over royal wheels. If he has, then I'll drop him another message.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Thanks mate.

I contacted him twice via and it seems to fall down. He was waiting on some but never heard back.

I love his work and would rather go to him over royal wheels. If he has, then I'll drop him another message.
He's coming to CSF aswell mate so you can grab him there aswell to give him a friendly reminder

The wheels silver again should look great! That's very cheap too, I paid £192 (inc VAT) for my Turini's to be done! Guessing it'll be around the 100 mark for yours based on the M3 wheels?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
The wheels silver again should look great! That's very cheap too, I paid £192 (inc VAT) for my Turini's to be done! Guessing it'll be around the 100 mark for yours based on the M3 wheels?
Well place I used for the M3 wheels now wants 200 quid to do these. I'll find somewhere else lol

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Dropping the steering wheel off with snappy on Saturday for a retrim.
Got a new coolant bottle from @JP83 to go in, and I've just had front cup shocks off him. Will get two rears ordered, and look for some sportlines. Also got some little bits like silvervision bulbs to go in.

Getting a price off a local powder coaters tomorrow to get the wheels back to silver. Should be pretty cheap as I only paid 120 quid for my 19" M3 wheels
Is that city powder coaters in Birmingham? Really good quality for the price if so.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
This sounds fairly gay tbh ?

Always find Stealth systems to be mega droney, need that tailpipe out on display.
Looks tidy tho man, ph1 are the best!
Yeah I am liking the look of the recessed ones at the minute tbf