ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

James's Blue Ph2

Clio 1.5 dci
well unfortunately i deleted photos of the car when i got it, but it was just a standard nautical blue 5-door dCi 65!

the first ''mod'' that came around on the first day of ownership was a set of Halfords wheel trims cut to having steelies as its a dynamic :( and a dam good clean. The car soon got dirty and the steelies were gone rather quick too being replaced with some 16'' BK racing alloys & also a new head unit and a sub were added.

DSC00222.jpg

DSC00226.jpg

http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg534/SWjames/car2.jpg[/IMG

and then this is how the car was for a few months due to the numerous problems with the workings of the car

[ATTACH=full]908050[/ATTACH]

some of the faults that came round all at once were;

.new glow plugs
.new wiring loom
.new alternator
.new water pump

when all that happened in the space of a month (ish) i was considering selling the car but i'm glad i didn't.

so with a bit of money recouped new on the list was a RS grille which was one heck of a mod especially for £40!! made the front end so much smarter.

[ATTACH=full]908051[/ATTACH]

then a lot of little jobs were done like silver visions, clear side repeaters, osram night breakers etc etc...

the next thing to go into the car was a set of sport seats which i had been after for a while as the dynamic ones aren't great at all. these are defiantly one of my favourite mods as they completely change the interior.

[ATTACH=full]908052[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]908053[/ATTACH]

then the dash stops were sprayed in BMW cosmos black nothing special but i loved them (for a few weeks :P)

[ATTACH=full]908054[/ATTACH]

then next one of the most visually changing mods that for some reason i kept putting off but a set of lowering springs were fitted, now these changed the looks of the car drastically and made the wheels look SO much better!

[ATTACH=full]908055[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]908056[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]908057[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]908058[/ATTACH]

only worrying thing was this is how one of the rear springs came off the car... spot the difference!

[ATTACH=full]908059[/ATTACH]

then the most resent thing was carbon, at this point i apologise for the bad photos.

[ATTACH=full]908060[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]908061[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]908062[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]908063[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]908064[/ATTACH]

well thats it for now folks, there is a long list of things too be done one of which is colour coding and a roof respray with should be done within the next fortnight. ill keep this thread updated thank you for reading :)

Attachments

• car3.jpg
    car3.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC00217.jpg
    DSC00217.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 24
  • P1010615.jpg
    P1010615.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 16
  • P1010613.jpg
    P1010613.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 27
  • dashstripsfinished2.jpg
    dashstripsfinished2.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 21
  • P1010624.jpg
    P1010624.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 21
  • P1010618.jpg
    P1010618.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 14
  • P1010621.jpg
    P1010621.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 27
  • P1010625.jpg
    P1010625.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC00280.jpg
    DSC00280.jpg
    369 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC00293.jpg
    DSC00293.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC00294.jpg
    DSC00294.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC00296.jpg
    DSC00296.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC00298.jpg
    DSC00298.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC00292.jpg
    DSC00292.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 24
  2014 Clio 200t edc
Re: My 5-door dCi project

Dynamique should have dark interior, fog lights, alloys and auto wipers? Looks like an authentique?
Looks good tho with what you've done to it. Needs a darker dash and matching door panels tho.

Clio 1.5 dci

f**k thats me being a moron after spending hours today looking for dynamic door cards I've put dynamic, its an expression bud

2014 Clio 200t edc

No worries bud. Had 2 that's how I know, sad I know! Lol
looks really nice tho.

Clio Mk2 PH1 1.4 16v

nice ive got 5 door two now and just got the Dynamique interior bar my sport seats. plan to cover the fabric with the grey alcantara like the seats

Clio 1.5 dci

just a small update the car is now booked into have the roof resprayed and also colour coding done at the same time.

Clio 1.5 dci

comes out of the spray shop today so we'll see what she looks like, prior to going in i also bought a 172 spoiler.

Clio 1.5 dci

this was my roof before...

DSC00218.jpg

a right mess I know but a few hundred £££'s later and I've got it all looking like this...

P1010637.jpg

The colour match is absolutely spot on!

P1010646.jpg

P1010643.jpg

P1010641.jpg

P1010640.jpg

P1010639.jpg

C&C welcome

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS

Looks brilliant colour coded.

If I was you, I'd change the wheels next. 172's alloys would look brilliant!

How is it with the lowering springs, notice a bumpier ride or handle better?

Clio 1.5 dci

Not a fan of 172 wheels at all, and with the springs the handling drastically improved but it wasn't TOO much bumpier.

Clio 1.5 dci

Thank you.

Gave her a real good clean and polish today, got the tyres gleaming which made the black bullets lookmvery swanky lol.
Got rid of some of the carbon wrap and have just ordered a 172 rear bumper! Can't wait to get it sprayed and fitted.

Clio 1.5 dci

Received my 172 rear bumper today, I was very disappointed! After being told it was in good nic apart from light scratching I opened the packaging to find two chunks missing out the bottom, one which I think might have been an attemp at cutting an exhaust gap but it looked liked it had been done with a butter knife and also three deep gouges in the bumper. I have spoke to the bloke on the phone and emailed him pictures of the damage that DEFINATLY was NOT done in postage and am expecting to hear back from him tomorrow. But I have already asked for a full re fund so we'll see how long that one takes. I'm gutted really as I really wanted to get that fitted to see what it looked like! Oh well, s**t happens I guess.

Clio 1.5 dci

got the tractor re-mapped today, and wow what a difference, its like owning a different car i love it!

S23

The Cleee-O

Good work mate :). Looks good. What's the future plans?

Clio 1.5 dci

i would have to get it mapped again if i put an intercooler on though wouldn't i?

Clio 1.5 dci

im considering selling the car as last minute i've decided to go to uni so i'm just trying to gauge some interest at the moment

its a 53 plate 1.5dCi 65 expression with 73k on the clock

great economy, £30 a year road tax and very fun to drive.

1 owner from new

the older service history is a little off but i've known it from the minute it left the for court, since i've been driving it the last year a lot has been done and a lot has been changed and is all recorded with receipts for everything.

taxed till the end of november, full service done on the 25th of july this year and mot'd on the the 25th of january this year.

so... in the last year

.new wiring lomb
.n/s and o/s rear wheel bearings replaced
.two new front tyres less than a month ago
.new glow plugs
.new alternator
.new waterpump with cam belt and tensioners
.new battery
.new reverse light switch on gear box
.roof re sprayed

on the modification side of things in the last 12 months

.40mm lowering springs
.BK racing alloys
.colour coded door bump strips door handles and wing mirror caps
.RS grille
.remapped
.182 front and rear seats
.1*2 interior mats
.new head unit and sub ( not included in the sale unless desired in which case a deal can be worked out)
. and a few other smaller bits and bobs (silver visions etc)

the car is well looked after, the body work isn't perfect but what can you expect from a 9 year old car, in the last year the car has been giver two full details by myself so feel free to look at some pictures of the car here in one of the threads http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?646567-First-ever-detail-using-me-DA! there is a small rust spot on the bonnet roughly the size of a 5p piece and a few scratches around but a lot has been removed or made a lot less visible.

over all the car is great fun to drive, cheap to run and its a clean example.

THIS IS JUST TO GUAGE INTEREST IN THE CAR BUT IF SOMEONE IS SERIOUSLY INTERESTED SOMETHING COULD BE WORKED OUT I'M SURE

Clio 1.5 dci

The car is now back on the road all though in a different location. I moved even further south and went to university in Plymouth. after the first few months and finding a job i've got enough income to run the car again. so she's back on the road and its time to starting changing bits again ready for summer.

.172 rear bumper
.172 xenons
.either silver turnis or silver 182 wheels

any other ideas?

has anything new been 'discovered' on the forum that is trending at the moment as i havent been on here for about 5 months as i haven't been driving!

as it stands now;

P1010860.jpg

P1010847.jpg

Clio 1.5 dci

Ok so I made the most of the warm weather yesterday and gave the car a bit of a detail and also fitted some xenons. The detail was rather simple but was made up of;

.foam
.wash
.de tar
.iron x
.clay
.wash
.dry
.polish
.glaze
.wax
.dress plastics
.dress tyres
.polish glass

and thats as far as i got.

C&C welcome

IMG_0746.jpg

IMG_0747.jpg

IMG_0756.jpg

And back at my place today in Plymouth

IMG_0759.jpg

Clio 1.5 dci

a thousand times better mate, seem to light up the road a lot more clearly and look much better too!

Clio 1.5 dci

another little update from yesterday. Purchased a 172 rear bumper from Dan on here who had the crash at Castle Coombe the other day. Did a 200 mile round trip up from Plymouth to collect it and stopped off in Torquay on the way back to use the parents drive to fit. just got to get it sprayed now but i'm going to get the bonnet and a few other panels done at the same time so i'm leaving it till pay .

IMG_0770.jpg

Clio 1.5 dci

Lovely looking motor mate! :) Have a couple of ideas

- Silver bullets, blue dci writing
- skoda splitter

? :p

I was considering getting some done by spray shack off of here in silver and blue as they'll look a lot cleaner than the ones i painted myself.

as for the skoda splitter its not something i've considered before

Cheers for the comments man :)

Clio 1.5 dci

also i cant work out if the rear bumper is sitting too low? It sits perfectly around sides, meets nice and flush but under the rear lights and boot it appears to have a bigger gap than the non sport bumper? is the normal?

Last edited:

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS

Have you got the sport bumper foam padding for it?

If not fire me a PM, I have some spare which your more than welcome to if you cover postage.

Clio 1.5 dci

I only fitted it two days ago and I literally can't remember haha, can you see it from underneeth? Would it also raise the bumper up?