ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jap performance

Jap performance
just bought fast car mag, dont buy it much they give you a wicked 2hr long dvd, there are some ass kicking jap cars on there, it reminder me of my civic coupe VTI which was 167BHP and had a rev limit like a motor bike
iam kinda missing that raw jap performance you get, big turbos and great engines when i take the 172 to the limit it seems re-stricted , i dont know
maybe one day i will sell the clio 172 and join the jap performance again

They just seem to have power and style which leaves french cars behind

Shorty :(

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Is it me or every time you post you are complaining about one thing or another concerningthe car you own... a 172

solution = sell 172 and buy jap mobile.

Simple.

i came upon a honda crx vti yesterday on the m1 it either wasnt playing or it was slow lol it just vanished behind be

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

I concur. If youre gonna moan about french cars then get a jap car and moan all you like. Were here cos we love the styling and performance of our french cars

Quote: Originally posted by SHORTY on 02 June 2003

Jap performance
just bought fast car mag, dont buy it much they give you a wicked 2hr long dvd,

i have to disagree m8

it had a few nice cars, but the video was crap. ive got some much better vidz that then but no where to host um (all about 700mb each) best motoring vidz are the best ones SHORTY, if you like jap performance cars that is.

i not going on about the clio172 its just the jap cars seem to have more power and are more tunable, ie bigger turbos
dont get me wrong my clio is going well at the moment but my civic vti could rev out to 9000rpm no probs had a massive induction kit and a HKS exhaust system

and it sounded great :)

I was behind a FTO on saturday, it sounded TERRIBLE!!!! really did sound like it had a strimmer engine, and the guy was really having to rag it and still couldnt get away from me driving normally.. maybe they are just crap i dont know enough about them?

Quote: Originally posted by SHORTY on 03 June 2003

probably the 1.8 gr standard version, the v6 24v would have blown you away they are will quick 200bhp
Probably one for the racing forum, but the 200bhp one is a fair bit heavier than the 172. The 1/4 mile times Ive seen for them are in the mid 15s. Nothing mind-blowing. Had a race with an FTO (no idea which type though) just the other day and gained on him so easily it almost wasnt fair.

my understanding of them is a wannabe GTO, they look quite nice but are basically the equivelaent to a fiesta...

Even the 180bhp version doesnt sound that promising? for a biggish car thats not THAT much up on a well sorted valver, 172 etc??

the local plod have got a Accord type R, that thing goes quite well!!!