ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is your favourite RenaultSport model?

Re: What is your favourite RS model?

Only ever driven Mk.2 Clios so not really an informed opinion but... Going purely off looks - It has to be the current RS Megane for me. That 265 Trophy in black with the red bits looks absolutely superb IMO. Goes fairly well too apparently.

172 Cup

R26R
Trophy
172 cup
200 (with cup packs)
Williams
R5 turbo
Mk2 v6

In no particular order

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG

A black ph1 would be my choice, the V6s doin't do alot for me tbh.

Phase 2 172 Sport

I had numerous MK1 1.8 16v's and Hybrids and now having a MK2 FF 172 and not owning any other models I have to say IMO i really prefer the feel and drive of the MK1. So much fun to drive and never failed to put a smile on my face even with the chocolate gearbox mount.

D

DFB

Strangely, I'd plump for the Lunar V6 or the Acid Yellow. What's strange is that I haven't even seen either of them in the flesh.

Second, I'm also really really fond of those blue 182's with the white stripe down them. They look really sporty and very well finished with the anthracite wheels. Never been in one but I imagine they are good fun too.

The trophy would be choice number 3. Such a nice red and good discrete branding. Awesome seats (I've just bought a set for my Vee)

Sadly, I'm not even placing my BG in my top 3 and I love it more than I do one of my children and nearly as much as the other one :clown:

Whilst I'm here, my BG taken by s**tty Blackberry phone.

v63.jpg

v62.jpg

V61.jpg

v64.jpg

UR R26

Glacier white, 197. Climate, Black speed lines, recaros. If only they didn't have rubbish mpg. I'm not into flash asw cars.

V6 255

1. V6 Ph2 in Lunar or Illiad
2. R26.r in Lunar or RB
3. Clio Trophy
4. Ph1 172 in titanium
5. RB 182, colour really suits

172 CUP
I love the bright red 133 Twingo just such a funky looking fun box, I doubt they are very practical then again my cup isnt when trying to get all the camping kit in the back.

PB Clio 172
I havent driven a V6 ph2 but on looks alone I would say that this is the best of the Renaultsport range :p

as much as I love my 172 ph 2 that is....

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I love my ph2 172 and i dont think the trophy is work 4k more than it but saying that it is the only clio i would swap mine for, oh and the ph2 vee of course.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Shaun's Lunar V6. If my numbers come in tonight I'm heading over to his and offering him double what it's worth :eek:

Other than that, I'm a massive Trophy fan (obvz). Strangely, I've never driven or even been passenger in any other RS model.

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Shaun's Lunar V6. If my numbers come in tonight I'm heading over to his and offering him double what it's worth :eek:

Other than that, I'm a massive Trophy fan (obvz). Strangely, I've never driven or even been passenger in any other RS model.
is that the car with v6ruk as the reg if so i agree luke lovely car:)

V6 255, 172's, JCW,

Numbers come up..? ;) Need my address at all..? :p

Nissan 350Z
Phase 1 Clios for me, whether 172 or V6, I just love the look. That somewhat ugly but aggressive front end, the simplicity of the details like the rear lights, the whole design is just less fussy than the Phase 2s. The V6 Phase 1 is probably THE favourite for me, a little mental.

To be fair, most RS models are pretty desirable though.

CLIO 2 RS trackcar
My Clio 2 RS phase 1 (2001) of course ^^ colour "Bleu Odyssée", because it is for me the last and real GTI's SPIRIT" Clio RS - 172hp stock but really 190-192hp for the mine ^^
and
the Megane 2 RS R26 & R26R - 230hp
And
The current Megane III RS Trophy - 265hp

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Wanted a PH1 Clio for ages, finally got one and now I want a different colour LOL I have a huge soft spot for the PH1 V6 and will (With any luck) own one in the near future.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
1st phase 2 v6
2nd R23R
3rd renault spider
4th williams clio
5th 182 trophy

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ive never driven a anything older than a mk2 clio, and driven most of the range since that, id say the 200 is my favourite without a doubt. 172/182's are pretty fun, they always to me feel like something thats had an engine conversion, something that shouldnt be that mad but just is, where the 200 feels like an all round well designed product (apart from mine of course!)