ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jared's SSS

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Love these!

There is a boy up our neck of the woods and its on Evo Enkei's (?) and it looks proper, think its running decent power as well (160bhp?) Do these respond well to modification??

Love these!

There is a boy up our neck of the woods and its on Evo Enkei's (?) and it looks proper, think its running decent power as well (160bhp?) Do these respond well to modification??

Taaa, I've seen a few on Swift Sport forum and they're nice! Stock is 125bhp, and I have no idea about if they couple well with mods. I've seen a supercharger and thats it tbh, for the price its dumb to fit anything else imo haha

Swift Sport
There's a guy on the Suzuki Sport forum who runs a tuning company and a race car. He swears blind that just upgrading the ECU alone gives an instant 12bhp gain.

He also has an Ignis with 240bhp... Still N/A!

There's a guy on the Suzuki Sport forum who runs a tuning company and a race car. He swears blind that just upgrading the ECU alone gives an instant 12bhp gain.

He also has an Ignis with 240bhp... Still N/A!

That's only the 2012+ with the Bosch ECU. Pre 2012 have a Denso ECU which he can't crack

So I decided to actually get up and clean the car today! I forgot to take before shots too...
Got the pressure washer out, then found my snow foam gun and painted the entire street white because of the wind haha
Not Much else to say apart from look at my clean car.

Oh and I finally got a picture of the new headunit installed too!
10346617_10152132112606376_7759780240813214044_n.jpg

10337747_10152132112601376_4825862674227120911_n.jpg

I didn't get round to using a vacuum though.. just dusted and washing it was enough lol

10253873_10152132112516376_3404877034772837336_n.jpg

10303730_10152132112521376_1860849555601429041_n.jpg

10168174_10152132112526376_3227434741127111109_n.jpg

And petrol cap... shiny

1557619_10152132112536376_8026562357590181520_n.jpg

Got most of the tar off the underside and skirts too, has been annoying me for ages.
Bonnet is stone chipped to f**k, its ridiculous.

is1

Integra Type R DC2
Love these. It's becoming my default recommendation for anyone wanting a small hatch that does everything. I think it's a bit like the original Golf GTI.
I would probably leave the suspension (which has been commended) and the exhaust and put some lightweight 16s on and add a bit of sidewall. Could be a revelation.
I expect Suzuki went for 17s because the MINIs had them and that's what the "market" wanted.
They got it right on the Ignis with ridiculously light narrow wheels.

Swift Sport
I'd love to borrow one for a week to see if it's got the same charm as the Ignis, with the added bonus of being a 'proper' car. The trouble with the Ignis is it's like a square 106 GTI, but uglier and more reliable.

At 33 I'm starting to feel too old for the Ignis (which was a last second purchase) and I'm back on AutoTrader looking for something more mature, and the Swift might not be such a bad idea.

Never been in an Ignis so ain't sure about charm, but the swift is just a really good small hatch for the price and the quality.
I've had nothing wrong with mine (touch wood) and its just a good car to drive too, I would suggest a test drive in one SteBurns
is1 I'll be looking into mods once I get some money haha, I can't imagine putting 16's on it without doing any suspension mods. They would probably look way too small for the car.
I'd rather the car to feel planted instead of having thin wheels, So tein 30mm springs and a whiteline ARB might be on my to do list.
But I'm honestly happy with the car as it is now :)

I've found a pair of Recaros from a Clio Trophy so super tempted in on getting them soon.
So would it be just a simple subframe swap?
I've never been fond of the looks of the standard swift seats so I think could make a massive difference.

And look the tits.

I'm asking on here because the swift forums are just dreadful imo.

How much would it be to aftermarket cams fitted?
If I get a rough price then I can work off of that.
After having a very very close "race" (or 1/4 mile just putting my foot down on a straight road) with my mates Fiesta Zetec S (02 plate) And having the shame of his car being close to mine is fairly upsetting, plus more power is always good :D

Swift Sport
I've heard that the latest Swift is very easy to get more power from a simple remap, like 12bhp over something crazy. I'm not sure if yours has the same ECU though?

There's a place not far from me called PartBox that sell aftermarket modifications for cars like ours. He runs a very quick Ignis race car, he might be worth a chat to? I think his name is Paul Doran.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member

After having a very very close "race" (or 1/4 mile just putting my foot down on a straight road) with my mates Fiesta Zetec S (02 plate) And having the shame of his car being close to mine is fairly upsetting, plus more power is always good :smiley:

Admit it. You just want to be able to keep up with a 172.

Although if you did then you'd have an arguably better car than the 172 in most ways. In which case, sugar-based fuel additives are great for performance ;)

Admit it. You just want to be able to keep up with a 172.

Although if you did then you'd have an arguably better car than the 172 in most ways. In which case, sugar-based fuel additives are great for performance :wink:
I know that but getting to 140-150bhp if possible, so will have enough for what I want. 172 scared me when I used to put my foot down properly haha

The car pulls a little and it just feels like its not going as fast as it should, just feels meh nothing to have a smile over.

Focus RS mk1
I've heard that the latest Swift is very easy to get more power from a simple remap, like 12bhp over something crazy. I'm not sure if yours has the same ECU though?

There's a place not far from me called PartBox that sell aftermarket modifications for cars like ours. He runs a very quick Ignis race car, he might be worth a chat to? I think his name is Paul Doran.
Yo mr burns, how u doing?? Its Paul Dolan, ive had few parts off him for the frs, top bloke he is, based in tipton. Theres some vids on youtube of the suzuki, i thought it was a swift he had?
Edit- just looked on you tube he did have a swift but looks like its an ignis now. Co-ordsport is the company or partbox like you said

Swift Sport
Yo mr burns, how u doing?? Its Paul Dolan, ive had few parts off him for the frs, top bloke he is, based in tipton. Theres some vids on youtube of the suzuki, i thought it was a swift he had?
Edit- just looked on you tube he did have a swift but looks like its an ignis now. Co-ordsport is the company or partbox like you said
Long time no see mate, I'm good thanks! Dolan, that's him... Met him a few times at Curborough when he's been running his Ignis. He may have a Swift too, but he raced an Ignis a while back and it's that car he brings to Curborough.
How's you?

Focus RS mk1
All good brudda, yeh ive been curborough few times too, did you go with trackday drivers site? Last time i went there he had a mint fiesta xr2, proper little beast!

Skoda Fabia VRS

After having a not so close race (or 1/4 mile just putting my foot down on a straight road) with my mates Fiesta Zetec S (02 plate) And having the shame of his car beating me by a few car lengths is fairly upsetting, plus more power is always good :smiley:

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Guy at my old place had one of these, sounds like a van when you shut the doors and that's coming from a Renault owner! :smile: His MPG was awful as well for something so small, guess like the 1*2's you have to rev the tits off them to get it anywhere at a decent pace?

Guy at my old place had one of these, sounds like a van when you shut the doors and that's coming from a Renault owner! :smile: His MPG was awful as well for something so small, guess like the 1*2's you have to rev the tits off them to get it anywhere at a decent pace?

No idea what shape his car was in because mines proper quiet inside, can't hear the engine running while idling and anything below 3k, and around town driving I was getting 37mpg so it's been fairly good to me tbf
But you do have to keep your foot flat for it to properly go anywhere at any given moment, once it's high in the rpm's (anything above 5k) it's really fun if you're off and on the throttle which was rare for me because I'm usually an old biddy when driving recently!

@SimpleJoee say sorry to @rctempire