ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

jbl sounds

has anybody any idea wht the jbl gt3 12inch sub sounds lik?

also the jbl gto2000 amp?

i rememberd some1 sayin they were good!!

ps iv already orderd them so please dont say there pish:oops:

JBL stuff is pretty good quality for the price. If you dont mind me asking..how much are you paying for the sub and amp..and is the sub boxed?

Russ

theyr just to tide me by till i get enough cash to get a decent amp again!!

thinkn bout another dragster but i dont fancy it dien on me again!!

when i got it il buy another 2 gt3s and c where i go from there:)

but i do fancy those alpine r type subs so iv no idea what will happen:confused:

u got the clios bumpers back on again?

i just spent beetween 2800-3000 in the last 2 months and my clio still doesnt look as mean as that!!

i preferd the pics of it without the lexus lights though!!!

if not a dragster then iv no idea what il get??

im planning on making a 3 sub setup so i can compete in local soundoffs!!bearing mind im from scotland and dont have anywhere near as much competition as you guys!!i dont think itl be that hard to kill the competion,thing is i need a setup boot instal that i can rip out in bout half an hour-an hour after the shows as my cars gonna be drivin daily and i need the boot space!!

any ideas?

That car including the I.C.E. system has had £12,000+ spent on it...Ive lost track now to be honest. I fitted the Lexus lights as the back end was lacking something. In the flesh it looks much better than the standard clusters. Those holes in the bootlid now have the chrome grilles like the front one covering them now which looks much better.

3 subs is a bit trickier to set up to show the right impedance to an amp. I think you would be best sticking to a 2 sub setup. A guy in TCA last month had 2 of the GT3 subs running off a JVC amp and hit 136.1db whch isnt bad for what is basically cheap equipment.

For an amp, you have loads of options for a 2 sub setup. You need something that is 2ohm stable with 400+ watts RMS available.

If you need to regularly take out the system then I would say screw the amp to the back of the seats to keep it out the way, then have the cables going to the subs on banana plugs so you can whip them out in a few seconds.

Russ

12.000 phew thats a lot how much on just the ice(roughly)

that 2800-3000 is just ma kit and paintjob:D

probebly gonna spend an extra 500-600(unless i can get sponsored from somewhere up here,better that way cos they can help set it up)

was planning on another da2002 cos shed run 800 rms bridged at 4 ohm and run it pararell(spelling)through the 3 gt3s thing is they seem to have f**ked up power rating some places say 450w and others 1800w peak why the big diffrences??

would this idea work or not??

ideally i was wanting 140

good idea bout the banana plugs though i neva even thought of that

know something your bloody handy!!;)

The system is near enough £5000 with the screen and PS2 etc. I wish i was being sponsored cos i keep crashing it (as you know).

The DA2002 amps are very good for the price..its just a matter of finding one..you might have to go second hand.

GT3 subs arent particularly powerful. I wouldnt recommend putting any more than 400 through them..ideally around 350 would be better just to make sure they dont die..you might be struggling to hit 140db with 2 or 3 GT3s though.

Russ

i thought youd gone to bed,iv stayed up cos uv got me all excited bout sounds again:devilish:

na wonder u crash the size of that screen is MASSIVE!!

i wouldnt buy a second hand amp as u never know how it was treated!!and especially since 1 already died on me!

dam i thought those subs were good!i did have 2 alpine s10s but sold them about a month and ahalf ago to pay for body mods!

right then guvner whats gonna be the most powerful system i can buy for call it 600!

I went to bed in the end..I ws knackered

The screen comes out but I never bother taking it out as im always using it to watch the footie while im out somewhere or something like that...The PS2 also comes in handy in traffic jams.

The Alpine S types arent particularly good either really. They are a little better than the JBLs but not by that much...nowhere near the quality of the type Rs.

For £600 you could get a nice system. How about a Rockford Fosgate bd500.1 amp for £290 and a couple of Rockford Fosgate 3212 subs for £300. That combination will give you over 900 watts RMS into 2 superb subs.

We actually have a couple of ex-demo 3212s in a double box going cheap at £250 at the moment if youre interested in making it slightly cheaper.

Russ

just not got the stayin power huh:eek:

would be a big bonus in traffic wi that screen but id be watchin p**n or sumthin daft on it just to piss every1 else off:D

i fancy the sound of that amp!i take it thats into 2 ohms?how would it compare to the dragster?

would take them mate but as iv already blew my overdraft i cant!thats why i just got the cheapo sub and amp(had to have some bass again though)!

gonna be at least a month b4 i get cash up again! unless u do finance?(bad thing)

Overdrafts eh..bad things those..I think our bank manager has given up trying to argue with us about ours.:D

We are actually looking into having a finance package set up but its going to be a little while unfortunately...these things take a little while.

The Rockford amp is rated at 600watts RMS at 2ohms but will run down at 1ohm all day long without any problems..thats what we do in our demo car. At 1ohm you will get between 900 and 1000 watts RMS out of it with decent cable....you also get the bass controller for the dash which is a great feature for any bass amp.

If you were to compare it to the dragster..i would say the Rockford has better build quality..more power and is more versatile...although the Dragster does look nicer.

Russ