ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JC5 062 instead JC5 130

Hi,
I have a bit of a problem. I have Clio Sport 172 Phase 2 but gearbox is from Phase 1 with final drive ratio 3.867 and it is shot. I need to do a rebuild, so I have been searching for JC5 130 gearbox, but I can not find one here. As I was searching for it I noticed that gearbox JC5 062 has all ratios the same as JC5 130 except first gear. My question is, can I fit JC5 062 on my Clio?
I think that I would find this gearbox a lot easier.

Cheers

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
062 was a 1.9d Laguna box,
yes it will fit and as you say 1st gear will be 10% lower but the rest is the same

062 was a 1.9d Laguna box,
yes it will fit and as you say 1st gear will be 10% lower but the rest is the same
Thanks for reply. I just hope that this 062 will manage clios rpm. And also I found on the web that this gearbox was on Megane 1 2.0 16V 150hp, is this correct?

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
Guessing you're not in the UK,

We had the JC5 106 and 091 here in the mk1 Megane 2.0 16v, not sure about other countries.

the JC5 gearbox will be fine with the revs

Guessing you're not in the UK,

We had the JC5 106 and 091 here in the mk1 Megane 2.0 16v, not sure about other countries.

the JC5 gearbox will be fine with the revs
Thanks for reply. I'm not in the UK. If I were I would go for JC5 130 as original gearbox. Here I could not find one. I missed one few days ago and that was the last one I could find right now. My current gearbox makes grinding noise when car is lifted and put in any gear when I release the clutch. Noise is coming from differential I would say. So this gearbox would not last for long. So dilem ma is should I rebuild mine or get another one, and as it is from PHASE 1 CLIO 089 I thought to buy original one. Now I'm not so sure, maybe I will go for a rebuild. One guy wants 500e for JC5 130 and that is just too much.

Cheers

Clio 2 RS3 182
you can find a JC5 in a short gearbox in

Megane 2.0 16v (F7R), laguna 1 2.0 (F3R), espace 3 2.0 (F3R and F4R)

Good luck in your search