ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JC5 129 and 130

Matt205

ClioSport Club Member
Hi All,

Is it possible to rewire the speedo to an ABS sensor in an an early, non-esp clio, to enable the fitment of the later gearbox that does not run the speedo sensor?

i.e. can you put a JC5-130 box and still have a working speedo?

Sorry of this has been asked before, but I did a search and couldn't find anything.

Regards,
Matt

Matt205

ClioSport Club Member
ok
'
, so more searching has thrown up the question, is it possible to reprogram the ecu to use the abs sensors as the speedo signal. seems to be lots of maybe's. has anyone actually done this?

Matt205

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks edde. I'm really looking for an absolute answer on this. Unfortunately down here in Australia, used geraboxes are difficult to come by and breakers typically want stupid money for them. I have a 130 gearbox, and the car we want to fit it to has ABS, but the original box has speedo running off the gearbox sensor.

So, is this definetly do-able with the Clip software or perhaps RS Tuner?