ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JCC's FRS

Looking good Joe, Im not the biggest MK2 FRS fan at the best of times but i love yours. Will need a run out at some point, Both of ours will stand out a bit with our wheel colour choices LOL!

Cheers bud, what colour/wheels you going for?!

still not saw it in the flesh with the new wheels.

I notice macrae and dick have 3 white ones sitting out the front, each over 25k! good news for you lol

You're too busy dain grown up hings!

I stopped by for a swatch at them tonight after work, crazy asking prices from them as usual.

Forgot to add these in here, went out in the cars last Sunday as it was a nice day/evening, decided to take a couple of quick videos of the noise:

It was however a little outshone by my mate's new car, which had me genuinely laughing out loud to myself following him through tunnels etc:

Clio 200t
Great looking RS! The white and blue are great but the green is awesome, the colour id get, looks so good.

Reactions: JCC
Another unexciting update, after 32k miles the paintwork on my RS had suffered from stone chipping, nothing major but as I'm a painter and had some time off I thought I'd give it a tidy up. There was also a small scuff on the front bumper, which I certainly did not cause but have no idea who/what did so have no one to shout at for it :rage:

Anyway, a long lie on Monday meant come 12pm I'd only just gotten to work and the car looked like this:

DE01B35F-F31B-4353-A5E9-88C6C3A9F5AB_zpsjoaaiczc.jpg

Scottish winter doing a good job of making it manky. Out with the jack and I set about pulling bits off the car:

5204CC67-5C13-4F49-AA1A-F8DCC3E48442_zpslwg2acaa.jpg

Note the makeshift holder for the bonnet lock to try and stop it throwing a hissy fit and disconnecting itself
rolleyes.gif

Pieces removed for repainting were the bumper, bonnet trim, both sideskirts and mirror caps:

7C34FA7C-A1C1-4493-8594-555D7CBB3386_zpspz5sv5vp.jpg

18B7CBA3-C12A-467D-8FBA-C48E6324EC05_zpshl4s8qac.jpg

I also removed the grills from the bumper. then acid dipped them ready to be sent across the road to the powdercoaters for a fresh coat of black as they'd started to corrode and flake:

610A7A75-10F1-437A-A870-B03EBDEEE7A1_zpsmzrnqqwb.jpg

You can see here the extent of the stone chipping to the skirts and front black bumper insert:

AD6294C1-40BA-4F28-A88F-61A8BA398FDE_zpsb0vusjr3.jpg

5F49763F-49BB-43B8-BF8F-246DF9149BC8_zpsfbnv6b4y.jpg

After a lot of sanding, skint knuckles and inhaling of dust the car was left like this for the night as I'd had enough and went home:

0B82E21E-512E-4055-8804-D2218A3055E8_zpstodjorqv.jpg

The next day I set about the painting, black parts done:

CE560131-17F2-4DEE-A32E-D23246974DC6_zpspefatfn4.jpg

DDF98428-1A36-4249-BC54-13039E716545_zpsjfvx4gha.jpg

Next up, green parts primed and prepped ready to go, then based up and lacquered. Being UG this meant 3 full coats of green base followed by 2 full coats of pearl, as opposed to an average of 2 full coats in total for the average colour:

B6964946-D21C-4A9F-BA67-FBF1E5F4B602_zpsvobscfuu.jpg

465B5968-9B64-49D9-947A-269147E47A42_zpsimy50qbu.jpg

While those were on bake I took the opportunity to clean up behind the sideskirts before re-fitting:

CFB7A1C0-0C1E-4460-BC49-1B1509AED80D_zpswgnmo4if.jpg

My grills also came back from the powdercoaters:

3C5ADCC9-3601-4D19-A19D-C5FB51DA90BD_zps94v8jdvp.jpg

By this time the parts were off bake, left to cool and then I started re-assembling the car:

842062CC-FA9C-48C7-AE6B-71D4BB2D1B4B_zpsfa0r9ybf.jpg

And at the end of the second day, once all put together again it looked like this:

81561285-9B73-4625-8AD2-EEF62808A576_zpsq8wukbmf.jpg

It's even dirtier now than when I started due to the dust etc, with this being Scotland in the winter it's always raining/dark/both so I haven't had a chance to clean it yet. I also still need to flat and polish the bits I've painted as I decided I wasn't spending a 3rd day off in a row working on it, so that will be done this weekend, then the following weekend it should hopefully be over to Gally to get it de-contaminated and sealed up again.

TL;DR I painted some bits and it looks the same as before but better.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Do like these a lot. It's a car I'd love to own but can't quite justify the price of it.

Nice work though!

Looks good!

Seriously considering one of these for when the golf goes back 😂
Daaaaaaeee it.

Nicely done mate - you must have saved yourself a f**king fortune doing that yourself!
Cheers Danny, aye if I was a paying customer as a rough guess I'd be in the £600+ region, possibly more!
Do like these a lot. It's a car I'd love to own but can't quite justify the price of it.

Nice work though!

They're still commanding silly money for what is still a 6 year old Ford Focus!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Just unreal. It's going to look like new again. Appreciation mobile!

Oh and should you ever think about moving bodyshops... give me first dibs on your services.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Ford at Linwood had a white one on a 59 plate with delivery mileage and zero warranty for 25k 18 months ago lol. Boy said the phone was melting for it..

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Is it me - or does the bumper look a slightly different colour to the wing in the last photo?

Just unreal. It's going to look like new again. Appreciation mobile!

Oh and should you ever think about moving bodyshops... give me first dibs on your services.

I'll keep that in mind mate! Should look awesome come next Sunday!
Ford at Linwood had a white one on a 59 plate with delivery mileage and zero warranty for 25k 18 months ago lol. Boy said the phone was melting for it..

Macrae and Dick in Stirling currently have one in similar spec and age to this, same colour which they want 23k for, I payed a fair chunk less than that 2 years ago!
Is it me - or does the bumper look a slightly different colour to the wing in the last photo?

It does, however if you look at the before picture you'll also see it's a bit off even with factory paint, the rest of the plastics are the same. There's a few reasons for this, amplified by the fact this colour is very sensitive to application process and can be completely changed simply by standing further away or closer to the panel whilst spraying. The only way to minimise it is to paint the bumper in place and blend the whole front end and I'm fucked if I'm doing that, lol!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
And even then you're still not guaranteed a match.

I don't think people will ever understand colours like that without being shown it.

I once seen an Orange car painted with blue paint and come out a perfect match.

Indeed, I think Ford make difficult colours just to f**k with people. Ultimate Green, Electric Orange, Electric White, Midnight Sky, Hot Magenta, the list goes on. Half of them are on shopping models too ffs.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I can't believe how many cars have midnight sky on them, especially when the owners have no idea!

I can't believe how many cars have midnight sky on them, especially when the owners have no idea!
I still remember one of the paint reps (Can't remember what company he was from) coming into our place and telling us "If a Ford comes in and it's midnight sky, don't even f**king touch it" LOL

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I sent an invoice to an Engineer for £280 a litre tinter for it and he thought it was cheap.

I think Audi have a "shadow" one that's similar.

Another small update for the RS, I've done a little more to it again. This time the reason being the car was due to appear on BeTappd's stand at Scottish Car Show, so I decided the car needed to look its very best for this!
Started off by running my car into the workshop after finishing a Saturday shift, jacked up, on to axle stands and wheels removed:

020_zpsqtu1biqf.jpg

Valve inserts removed, bead burst on the tyres ready for wheel faces to be prepped. They were still completely kerb free but winter had left them a little stonechipped and I wanted them to be perfect.

022_zpsj1e4cum8.jpg

Had always intended to paint the calipers properly since I bought the car over two years ago but had never gotten round to it, so while the wheels were off these were done too. Cleaned, prepped and masked:

036_zpskmvdesg0.jpg

037_zpsfjry19sq.jpg

Car sheeted up to remove the risk of any overspray, cut and taped round the calipers:

043_zpsnakmfvph.jpg

After this I set about the wheels. Faces prepped, masked and set up in the booth ready for paint:

046_zps1nt6aakm.jpg

Decided on gloss black for the calipers as I think bright colours should be saved for BBKs, so they were given 3 coats of black and 2 coats of lacquer to hopefully make the finish fairly durable:

051_zpsurkkkb5r.jpg

052_zpsbpgz9vjw.jpg

Wheels based up and lacquered ready for a bake:

055_zpsuhvhdc50.jpg

I had also purchased a set of RS caliper plates in brushed aluminium with blue logo way back when I bought the car and had never got round to fitting them, so that job also got tackled. Always thought the standard calipers were a bit plain looking considering most other manufacturers have some form of logo on the brakes of their "Hot" models. Plates fitted, wheels de masked, tyres re inflated and fitted back on to the car:

067_zpsnoriupoj.jpg

Another job which I finally got round to tackling was the nasty looking wheel nuts which you can see in the picture above, did consider painting them gloss black but decided they would likely still look a bit shite and ordered up a set of black anodised McGuard numbers from JWRacing. Subtle yet a fair improvement on what was on there:

091_zpsn4ip9mzl.jpg

Also applied Gtechniq C5 to the wheels and calipers after leaving the paint for a week to fully cure. Should hopefully keep the majority of crap from sticking to them!

With my part done I got the car back over to Gally again for him to work his magic and get any remnants of winter stripped off then have the paintwork etc fully resealed, which had it looking like this, pic courtesy of the man himself:

083_zpsgsopn1sa.jpg

A week later Scottish Car Show arrived, got the car to The Royal Highland Centre for 10am on Saturday where it was washed down by another member of the BeTapp'd stand, before being brought inside, parked in place, dried, wiped down again with Chemical Guys V7 to add a little extra shine and a load of tyre slick applied. Show plate with the club name on fitted to the front and it was ready for Sunday's show. A half arsed iPhone photo taken by me in the emergency lighting the arena uses for set up on Saturday, 3 other CS/former CS member's cars in this pic too:

108_zps9kfdn6vu.jpg

Next day after another wipe down by another fellow club stand member (as I was at home with a hangover and didn't get to the show till later) in proper lighting it looked like this during Sunday's show:

001_zpsrwc9cmuz.jpg

Pic also taken by someone who knows what they're doing with a camera (Car p**n Images). I spent most of the day elsewhere in the show as I cringed every time a handbag/child went near it, LOL!

Cheers for looking.

Fiesta ST3
Amazing! My friend had to sell is UG FRS last year due to some mortgage bs, I have shown him your thread and it takes is devastation from 9/10 to a solid 10/10.