ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JDM-style Rota Slipstream

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Mike, those rotas look superb... Was considering it me'self... Proper euro style :)

Clarkie172 said:
not that many ppl have had superleggs!lol

i like the wheels but i think they look too small. i think 17s would have looked better?

small is the new big.

miketheman2k said:
Thanks chaps :) (these wheels are like the Marmite love / hate thing!)

This is fantastic ...
you should take more pics ..
wanna see the full side view tho. - please ....
I was thinking to get Rota ... possibly "subzero" ...

E91 M Sport
front.jpg

side.jpg

side2.jpg

Yamaha R6
Personally don't like them.. never been one for the polished edge.. Would be alot nicer if they were totally mat black..

Clio 172 Phase 2
there kinda deep dish, think they need to be bigger, cos they are black too making the wheels look small. i think if they were bigger, they would look really nice!!

Audi A6 (S3 on order)
Car would also drive like a big dirty poo if they were bigger.

Black ones would make people fall asleep as he drove buy.

They look the tits.

A silver Honda
Personally I love polished lips on black alloys, adds a bit of class.

Fully black wheels = more hardcore

Chocolate Bar™
Gary G said:
funny thing is I prefer Mikes to mine lol

these were the ones i was gonna buy, but i was gonna put a polished lip on yours, think they would have looked just as good (shame they dont fit :()

E91 M Sport
MarkM said:
On a lowered cupped 182 with no rubbing? Or was it not cupped originally?

My car never had the Rota's on with standard ride height, but at 40mm lower they didn't rub at all, not even on full lock.

They car has now got coilovers and been dropped to -59mm on the rear and -63mm on the front. The rears have plenty of clearance (could easily drop further), the fronts now rub on the bumper bracket when compressed with the wheel turned. The rubbing would probably occur on the standard wheels too. Ross' angle grinder will fix this.

Low pics to follow, it looks horny as hell. I hate the way the front of the 182 sits higher than the rear.

miketheman2k said:
My car never had the Rota's on with standard ride height, but at 40mm lower they didn't rub at all, not even on full lock.

They car has now got coilovers and been dropped to -59mm on the rear and -63mm on the front. The rears have plenty of clearance (could easily drop further), the fronts now rub on the bumper bracket when compressed with the wheel turned. The rubbing would probably occur on the standard wheels too. Ross' angle grinder will fix this.

Low pics to follow, it looks horny as hell. I hate the way the front of the 182 sits higher than the rear.

My question was really about the fact that a cupped 182 has ET45 so your ET40s stick out 5mm further (if the car was orginally cupped?).

I am interested to know as there are not many after market wheels available in 45 most are ET42. I have a lowered cupped 182 so if your ET40s do not rub I will be safe if I get 42's. Cupped non cupped is important though as the wheel offsets are different.

Thanks for any info Mike.

Also if it was cupped what coilovers have you got!?

E91 M Sport
MarkM said:
My question was really about the fact that a cupped 182 has ET45 so your ET40s stick out 5mm further (if the car was orginally cupped?).

I am interested to know as there are not many after market wheels available in 45 most are ET42. I have a lowered cupped 182 so if your ET40s do not rub I will be safe if I get 42's. Cupped non cupped is important though as the wheel offsets are different.

Thanks for any info Mike.

Also if it was cupped what coilovers have you got!?

I didn't realise that the cupped 182 had a different offset to the non-cupped version...but regardless of that, mine is a full-fat 182 with all cup options and the ET40 wheels didn't rub. Tramlining becomes more noticable though, even with a 5mm increase...not bad, just more noticable.

As for the coilovers....I have a set of *deep breath* Gaz units. I haven't done much driving on them yet, but from initial impressions the ride is easily as supple as the Apex springs/OEM dampers, and better controlled.

E91 M Sport
^^^ I think its the pictures, they are actually gunmetal in the middle.

I used to think I liked the anthracite colour....but its not nearly as deep and lacks the quality look ( <--- snob ;))