ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JDM-style Rota Slipstream

miketheman2k said:
My car never had the Rota's on with standard ride height, but at 40mm lower they didn't rub at all, not even on full lock.

They car has now got coilovers and been dropped to -59mm on the rear and -63mm on the front. The rears have plenty of clearance (could easily drop further), the fronts now rub on the bumper bracket when compressed with the wheel turned. The rubbing would probably occur on the standard wheels too. Ross' angle grinder will fix this.

Low pics to follow, it looks horny as hell. I hate the way the front of the 182 sits higher than the rear.

thought you will post some more pics with coilovers ...??

E91 M Sport
sorry, I've been busy trying to setup the coilovers properly....which means lots of blasts down the B-roads.

I'll take some when I can :)

miketheman2k said:
sorry, I've been busy trying to setup the coilovers properly....which means lots of blasts down the B-roads.

I'll take some when I can :)

cheers mate ...
I just phoned www.rarerims.co.uk a few days ago ...
Subzero with 195/45/16 TOYO T1R tyres .. only 600 ...
Subzero with 205/45/16 TOYO T1R tyres .. 630 ...
I'm gonna order them wheels this week ... =)

E91 M Sport
Good work that man! Not a massive fan of Toyo tyres (to put it mildly), but thats a good price.

Just for fun, ask rarerims if they'll come with spigot rings ;)

E91 M Sport
Here's a couple for 170bhp, and anyone else who's interested. Currently on coilovers, and oddly, its lower than it looks in the pics. The front can't really go any lower without rubbing on the bits I've already been at with the angle grinder.

coil1.jpg

coil2.jpg

thanks alot ...
mine will be arrived tomorrow ... =)
will take some pics in the weekend ...
the wheels just make the car looks special ...

E91 M Sport
IsvenII said:
mike, you running on 205/45/16?

btw, can someone photoshop these wheels on a mk1 172 pls....

Yup, standard PE2's...for now. Tempted to go for 205/40's when the time comes - more for looks than anything else, although I'm not sure I want to make the ride any harder.