ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jeffs acrylic or EGP?

Clio 182 cup
I've heard good things about both, anyone have their favourite? I use the EGP, but I'm wondering if the Jeffs may be the better choice because it sounds easier to apply?

How exactly is the Jeffs applied?

106 GTi
Jeffs Trigger is spray/wipe on and wipe off just like a quick detail spray. That no 45-60 mins per layer cure time and without the 12-24 hour wait between additional layers the EGP has means you can apply 3 or 4 layers of the Jeffs in the time you can do one coat of EGP.

It leaves to my eyes a nicer look and finish than EGP, but am not sure if it is as durable.

I still use both. I use the EGP if I have time, AJT the rest of the time.

Mito Sportiva 135
Jeffs works a charm, think it is pretty durable too - works well for me anyway. Almost no need for a wax for looks as it is really glossy.

as above, direct from the guru. I use the same method. Jeffs is great if you are pushed for time and it beads so well when you come to clean it the next time.

yeh , i know what you mean, but with polished bliss being the only uk distributors ( correct me if i am wrong ) and as they only sell it in the 300ml bottles it dosnt look promising.

Do you buy direct from your local autoglym rep rich ?

I wish I could get it cheap as chips in 5 litre cans like I can EGP though :(

is that from the main rep rich??

yeh , i know what you mean, but with polished bliss being the only uk distributors ( correct me if i am wrong ) and as they only sell it in the 300ml bottles it dosnt look promising.

Do you buy direct from your local autoglym rep rich ?

any ideas where the AG rep is for the NW? i go through so much stuff, halfords 3 4 2 are the only deals i get usually :(

jamie

106 GTi
Look on the Autoglym Web site for your local AG Rep

EGP can be purchased under thye name Liquid Hardwax in 5 litre sizes.

Clio 182 cup
Should all plastic areas be masked up if spraying the Jeffs then to prevent spray on black trim etc?

So the Jeffs does not need to be left before buffing off unlike EGP?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
if your car is racing blue get the carnauba sealant! if not the acrylic one

106 GTi
Should all plastic areas be masked up if spraying the Jeffs then to prevent spray on black trim etc?

So the Jeffs does not need to be left before buffing off unlike EGP?

Spray the Jeffs onto a MF cloth and then wipe onto the paint. I would not worry about masking up.

No wipe on and wipe of straight away after a few seconds

106 GTi
Whats the diff Riz?? Bet you knew that one was coming mate!!;)

The Carnuba one looks better if used stand alone on flat colours as it darkens the slightyl paint more. If your planning on topping it with wax anyway it does not really matter which one you go for though as the look will be the same in the end.

Clio 182 cup
I'm amazed that the Jeffs can be wiped off almost immediately and yet EGP needs to be left on for 30-60 mins. Can the Jeffs give similar protection as the EGP with such a big difference?

106 GTi
Jeffs is a reformulated vesrion Klasse SG sealant (The german version of AG EGP) made to be sprayable and wipe on and off.

Klasse SG is proven to be as long lasting - reading some reports even more durable than EGP 6 months Plus from a few coats, so it is well proven but is even more of a pain to use, which does make the Jeffs AJT seem even more amazing if it does last as well and is super easy to use.

I applied 5 or 6 coats of Jeffs to my 182 before winter but then topped it with lots of waxes so I can not really comment if it does last as well though.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
i used both and preferred the carnauba one, acrylis lost some of the deepness, but after acyrlic i addded some carnauba products and as Rich said it looks the same, but for ease go 4 carnauba one, supposed to have as good as durabilit as acrylic one! (because u have racing blue)

Last edited:
  106 GTi
I am glad you purchased both as I would not have a spare bottle of the Acyrlic now otherwise ;)

Last edited:

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
never seen some1 shoot my hand down so quick

Last edited:
  "Navy" N17 TWO
Is the EGP hard to buff off after 30-60 mins?
Guessing it must turn to a dull greyish colour when its dry (on pearl black paint)