ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

jjc removable steering wheel are these any good ... link

Clio 172 Merc ML55
This is something I've been tempted by, not sure if I'd go with an unbranded one though. Whilst I can't stand paying extra just for a name I'm not sure that something like this can be scrimped on. I've used JJC before and had no issue with anything I've bought, purely just my opinion

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
I've got one, and a few mates have too.
I think if it bolted onto an omp boss it would stick out quite far. I also use a deep dish steering wheel so i made my own boss for it to bolt onto using an original steering wheel centre and I machined an alloy boss to fix it all together. Works well.

182 arctic
Pauleds thats sounds good.. any pics chap... ive got a cheapo ebay boss, perhaps its not as deep as an omp job... do you have the ebay removable mount or the jcc rally one at twice the price?

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
That eBay link is jjc! That's the one I've got, and that's how much I paid last year.
will take some pics later.

182 arctic
good man.. appreciated... will get one on order tomorrow... when you take a pic, if possible could you tell me how much it pushes the wheel forward toward you pls..

many thanks

Andy

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
20160515_203920.jpg
20160515_203909.jpg
20160515_203901.jpg

182 arctic
got mine delivered to day from JCC Rally.. bloody brilliant bit of kit.. perfect position of my steering wheel...
and its so good being able to remove it.... should make getting in real easy when my bucket seats are installed..
the mechanism is top notch.... looks to have ball bearing release mechanism..

well worth the £50..

330i. E30 Touring.
I think you'll find it too high if your buckets are mounted low TBH.

Need to make up some longer bolts/spacers to drop the column for the wheel to be the right height for me,.

182 arctic
i reckon it should be good,,, being 6ft 1 with a tall top half ive only ever found things too low... if i find it too low i think i will have more problems seeing over the dash :smile:
should be fine then.. i keep my eyes closed going round corners :smile:
always a solution like you say if too low... i hate the driving positiuon in the original seats... im really looking forward to getting said seats mounted now

182 arctic
thats a cool product too...and to be honest probably would have purchased that first if i had seen it... having said i really like being able to remove the steering wheel....and the mechanism is lovely.. it also has a bit of novelty cool factor.. its a good security device as my car will be parked at my yard...