ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

seats & steering wheel advise pls a few questions :)

182 arctic
hi
going to be purchasing a bimarco futura seat to swap out my standard seat in my 172...
could someone advise what exactly else i will need....
from searching round... it looks like i need the following

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/seat-mounting-frames-universal/omp-steel-side-mounts

and some sort of rail? or is that all i need?
harness wise was going to get a three point jobby to bolt into rear seat belt locating points?
http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Produ...DOSFpDgqU1XSWOTnDzQt5lTddRuCajQw4QaAvQy8P8HAQ

steering wheel either the sabelt rs job... or omp...
would this be the required boss for either ?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OMP-STEER...IO-172-CUP-98-06-OD-1960RE114A-/322067223053?
hash=item4afcb3d20d:g:JN4AAOSw-RRXB27e
think thats about it for now!
ta

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
I can supply you with one of my VBD Clio X-Low subframes.

D0E04E1B-3195-45D8-9D3A-58C02C0D1181_zpsz8au3vy9.jpg

This bolts directly to the floor of your car.

You can either bolt your sidemounts or runners onto it before fitting your bucket seats.

Price is £130 for two or £70 for a single.

Jon

182 arctic
Hi Jon, thanks for reply i guess pretty much all standard sidemount that fit on most off the shelf bucket seats would be a straight fitment for these then? being a tall chap.. i need all the height in the cabin i can get :)

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
Most of the sidemounts will mount to my subframes but you do need to make sure they are compatible with your seat mounting homes and also the width of the seat and position on the subframe.

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
@JON FOZ can you not modify these to cater for standard half leather seats?

I've been asked a lot lately about designing adaptors to lower standard seats,the truth is its not worth spending money on design and then manufacturing them as they wouldn't sell.

The half leather seats are worthless at the moment and adaptors would be atleast £160 a set.I personally can't justify the initial outlay of £2000 (minimum order) to start looking into it.

If you have any ideas though I'd love to hear them.

Jon

vroomtshh

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Ibiza Cupra TDi
The hole centres for my seats/side mounts are 425mm. Would these subframes work for that?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I've been asked a lot lately about designing adaptors to lower standard seats,the truth is its not worth spending money on design and then manufacturing them as they wouldn't sell.

The half leather seats are worthless at the moment and adaptors would be atleast £160 a set.I personally can't justify the initial outlay of £2000 (minimum order) to start looking into it.

If you have any ideas though I'd love to hear them.

Jon

Id be interested in lowering the standard seats. but like you say its an expensive outlay. For me and maybe a good few others it would be a great comprimise to a pain in the ass issue thats been a 'fault' with the clios

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
Yes mate. the front holes are 425, and the rear holes are slightly narrower

Here is a pic showing my subframe with a set of sidemounts attached.

At the widest setting these are 420mm wide.

I would say that would be fine as they can lean at out slightly to accommodate.

The other option is a 90 degree sidemount,these give extra width and are used on wider fitment seats.

I would recommend choosing a sidemount which is slotted on the bottom like the ones I've shown here.

They are a lot easier to set up and mesns you won't have to use spacers on your seat.

With 90 degree sidemounts( depending on make) I would imagine you could maybe go up to a 450mm width seat.

Hope this helps.

Jon

158A7469-391C-4E20-9410-6339570A7000_zpsbit0uqb3.jpg

F67213C4-4F72-47BB-966A-A5F872D87AA1_zps5xokaz1z.jpg

vroomtshh

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Ibiza Cupra TDi
Excellent. I'll be in touch in the next couple of days to pay for a pair

James363

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
In terms of side mounts, unless you are going FIA for some competition reason, I would go for cheap ebay ones, or second hand ones if you can get your hands on them. It's not like anything can go wrong with them, and they are a solid bit of steel... IMO the branded ones are overpriced. As far as I know, that is the correct boss, it looks like the one I have for my sabelt (although mine was second hand, so can't confirm 100%).

gralegav

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Gordini, Fiat
Id be interested in lowering the standard seats. but like you say its an expensive outlay. For me and maybe a good few others it would be a great comprimise to a pain in the ass issue thats been a 'fault' with the clios

Is there any other way of lowering the standard seats? Are there any spacers that can be removed?

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Is there any other way of lowering the standard seats? Are there any spacers that can be removed?

There's 4 little mounts on both front seats which can be removed to get them a couple of mm lower and they make more of a difference than you would think. I did it in mine and it was brilliant but I've now got used to it and want them lower!

Pretty simple to do by following this guide.

http://www.cliosport.net/threads/clio-mk2-seat-lowering.394660/

gralegav

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Gordini, Fiat