ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JMS Map -PROBLEM!!!

LY 182 FF CUPPED
Had the car mapped yesterday, and the car is hitting the limiter at 6400k>

This is even happening after 20 mins warm up and hard driving, any suggestions?

Rusty Cup
in all the gears? it wouldnt hit 7200 in first anyway for example. Does sound like the ecu has forgotten some info, ive had this with the rstuner but obviously its easier to sort in that case.

Rusty Cup
I supose you had a brief spell of it working as you would expect? it put a big smile on my face the first time i drove mine, throttle response is sooo much better.

^^^^^ surely re-flash the ecu is only cure

Lionel Richie
in all the gears? it wouldnt hit 7200 in first anyway for example. Does sound like the ecu has forgotten some info, ive had this with the rstuner but obviously its easier to sort in that case.

they should hit 7200 in all gears standard!

OP - possibly a knackered sensor

Rusty Cup
I dont see this showing JMS in a bad light at all tbh, if Fred is right and its a broken sensor i dont see that JMS could be held responsible.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
I was in two minds about getting this map - now I am proper pissed that this is happening.
just my luck things never run smooth on the cars front.
I was also under assumption that the car would be able to run to 7800rpm (when needed)

just to add - the car has done 180 miles since the map.

I am not holding JMS responsible, I have posted the thread to see if anyone knows of any reason why this could be happening - I.e is it a common problem on a new map.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Thought the RSTuner map upped the limit to 7500rpm? Or is the JMS map different?

LY 182 FF CUPPED
I am taking it out this afternoon on a longer run and see if this cures it, again though Tom is onto it.

Will have to take the car back up, sure it will be something very simple.

I have zero knowledge on this side of stuff, hence I got the experts in to fit it.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
OK everyone seems I need to own up to being bit of a NUMPTY!!!!!

Took the car out for a longer run this afternoon, and guess what???

we have VTec yo.....oops wrong car!!!

further to my opening post - I think I may have not let the car come up to temp correctly, so am I right in saying that on a 182 the water temp showing halfway does not mean the oil is up to temp etc etc ( my P1 used to have defi gauges giving me stacks of info)?

The map now seems to have kicked in, and jeez it transforms the car so so so much......unbelievable torque curve., the car pulls and pulls all the way to 7800rpm.
just been out hooning the thing around for over an hour, I seriously seriously can"t stress how good these maps are.

so again - apologies for being a NUMPTY.

172 Cup
I have RS Tuner remap which opens up limiter to 7800 and am surprised how long it can take sometimes to properly warm up to allow...

LY 182 FF CUPPED
I have RS Tuner remap which opens up limiter to 7800 and am surprised how long it can take sometimes to properly warm up to allow...

thats what shocked me, moments after "almost" going through the windscreen once the limiter kicked in unexpected!!! ( not sure if anyone has ever felt that before lol)

The car is taking an extra 5 minutes to warm up, even in this heat.

oh well - lesson's learnt

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Glad to hear its 'sorted' :) JMS are first for customer service, im sure Tom needs a secretary or three tho..

LY 182 FF CUPPED
yep agreed!!!
Tom and James are busy boyz- i say to Tom you need get interviewing some fit birds for during the summer, and I mean FIT to work on the desk for you.
However your interviews need to be accompanied by you taking a picture ( or me doing it for you)
then post up the final 10 - allowing us your valuable customers to pick the "chosen one".......after all it's us that phone you, and I can guarantee your custom would go up twofold>

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Just glad it's all fixed.

I have to say though, I think sometimes the 182 does air on the side of extreme caution with the limiter when not fully up to temp.

In both the 172 and 182 I've hit the cold limiter where the Williams used to indicate the oil was above 80dc. Obviously cars are different but it did suprise me.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
LOL. I made this mistake when in the early days after James did my map.

Good thing you didn't try and reach Tom today...he's a little delicate.;)

Actually he looked positively green earlier....:dead:

Pleased it's all sorted mate. As I said to you on the phone this is the first 'problem' we have had with the superb maps Henk designed for us so were keen to get it sorted - good news it was all down to user error ;)

Thanks for the other comments chaps, appreciate it :eek: