ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JMS RS2 Silver Cup

Ollie's Silver Cup
Is relocating the battery an option for you?

Shame the DIS unit is now floating above the rocker cover...

There's no real need for me to relocate the battery; I considered it a while ago, but decided against it. Although it would give a little more space in the bay, it's pretty good as it is. :)

how much did this cost you?

I bought it as part of the group buy, which has now ended.

I think the normal kit prices are still posted up in the JMS section of the forum actually. :)

:D

Sorry to hijack the thread but i managed to tap a hole to the opposite side making the routing of the pipework more direct, but be aware that you might get a bit of oil dripping from around the cap.

This is due to a bad deign by mocal as they haven't included a baffle.

As I understood it, the inlets and level indicator are interchangeable between either side. :)

I was originally planning to have the oil breather hose running the same way as yours. However, I now really like how Tom's done it with the hose running parallel to the coolant hose and then looping. :D

Really happy with this photo too;

5958936296_7fb73179df_z.jpg

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Looks mighty impressive, this maybe a silly question but how do you get to the filter come oil change time,
does it have to come off or can you get to it by removing the grill?

Ollie's Silver Cup
Rocker cover now sprayed in crackle black! Looks so much better than the dirty greasy unfinished look! ;)

Very happy with the results. :D

5963388161_ffbe6a2831_z.jpg

5963388447_0ed5b7f30c_z.jpg

5963946068_e1658e2602_z.jpg

5963387981_864088d8b2_z.jpg

5963387559_084f1b3bce_z.jpg

So, yesterday followed by today;

5958377487_d292e15ee4_z.jpg

5963945606_a4ac872fc6_z.jpg

340i
Looking good!

I would be tempted to spray the top auxiliary bracket and sort out the engine mount bolts... then it would be spot on :approve:

Ollie's Silver Cup
So much nicer!

Link to the paint you used?

Did you remove or mask?

The paint was from Frost ART; Dave used the red version on his engine, which is where I got the link from. :)

http://www.frost.co.uk/automotive-paint/wrinkle-finish-paint-aerosol.html

Removed the coil pack mount, leads, etc. But masked around and covered everything else.

now sort out those rusty engine mount bolts!

I'll hopefully do something with them later this afternoon; I'm sure I have some satin black hammerite in the shed. :D

Once you go black..

LOL! ;)

Looking good!

I would be tempted to spray the top auxiliary bracket and sort out the engine mount bolts... then it would be spot on :approve:

I'll hopefully sort the bolts today; I'm sure they'll be a couple of other things I find to do to tidy it up a little more. :) Still have the nimbus heat shield to sort too.

Awesome engine bay is awesome.

Thanks! :D

Om nom nom!

:D

Ollie's Silver Cup
Schweet. Looks mean as f**k in black Oli.

How many coats did you do in the end?

Thanks! I'm glad I went for the black finish now, as it goes well with the intake and hoses. :) Before starting, I wasn't sure if it would look too black! haha!

It's had a couple of heavy coats; it seems to have taken pretty well.

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Yer, it really suits the new hoses and of course the RS2 - works well against the contrast of the silver paintwork.

Don't know about you, but having done mine silver, it makes my newly visible gearbox look like a pile of oily piss

Ollie's Silver Cup
Yer, it really suits the new hoses and of course the RS2 - works well against the contrast of the silver paintwork.

Don't know about you, but having done mine silver, it makes my newly visible gearbox look like a pile of oily piss

Hmmm I've not particularly noticed my gearbox; it's a bit grubby, but the gap is fairly well hidden with the hoses, so it's not too obvious. :)

Thanks for the link!

No problem. :)

I've given the upper engine mount bolts a first coat of paint; they look much better already. In a couple of hours I've give them another coat.

iPhone photo:

5964585258_46d6c12370_z.jpg

:approve:

Ollie's Silver Cup
Thanks! :D

I've not long given the bolts their second coat of satin black hammerite; they look pretty good imo. :)

Ollie's Silver Cup
Engine mount bolts finished, with the second coat happily drying :)

5965032308_e079d00c67_z.jpg

5965032848_4ae445d094_z.jpg

Much better! ;)

5964475813_d5a1194bb7_z.jpg

And, a close up shot of the crackle finish.

5965032558_b3c81e3b75_z.jpg

That'll do me for today! :eek:

FULL FAT 182
Going back to the oil catch tank, how the hell will any oil collect? It needs to almost do a lap of the engine before getting there.:)
But I'm loving the paint, looking at getting my rockercover powdercoated once I get an idea of the power figures from the cams. I'll Try to make up on the acclaimed power figures losses - 8bhp ;).