ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JMS RS2 Silver Cup

Ollie's Silver Cup
Copied this from what I've just written in my project thread; thought other people may be interested in seeing the RS2 on the car. :)

I've now driven a good couple of hundred miles with the RS2 fitted and think it's absolutely brilliant. I'm hugely impressed; particularly when considering that the car, at present, is running the completely standard Renault map.

It feels as though the usable power has been nicely spread throughout the entire rev range, giving the feeling that it'll just pull and pull and pull.

After picking it up from JMS yesterday, I immediately found a nice section of country lane to give it some beans. It seem to pick up pace so much quicker and smoother; the muffled intake noise is also a much welcomed and appreciated bonus!

Then, driving home down the M25 and M1. Cruising along the motorway in fifth I noticed that it was so much easier to simply squeeze the accelerator a little to effortlessly overtake; rather than, as often before, dropping down a gear.

I'm also, of course, very happy with the high quality of the product and the neatness of the installation. I think Tom really has made a very impressive package/kit with regards the RS2; to someone wanting noticeably more performance out of their RS, yet wants to retain the OE drivability and electronics, I would highly recommend getting in touch with the guys at JMS.

Tom and James were also both very helpful and informative, as well as being highly enthusiastic about the product they're selling; which always gives a good impression.

So, some photos. I've given the engine bay a bit of a clean; it's looking tidier, especially the tanks, hoses, etc. I just need to spend a bit more time cleaning the rocker covers, before giving it a coat of paint.

5954305844_17e6f6ba16_z.jpg

5954306550_6c76c2311a_z.jpg

5954306076_6f20eb01d3_z.jpg

5954306250_a3a2bbd4c7_z.jpg

Thanks,
Ollie.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
That is lovely. I like the design of these. Really good.

Do you have a smaller battery or a standard size one ?

Sam!

Ollie's Silver Cup
Thanks for the kind comments!

Mapping isn't booked yet; waiting to see the best course of action to take regards the 428 cams before proceeding with mapping.

It's a standard sized battery. Just a Bosch S5. :)

Phase 2 172 Sport
Perfect. This is really looking likely to be my next major mod since purchasing my new 172. Any chance of a few videos ;) !!

Ollie's Silver Cup
Are you not experiencing any flat spots or increased fuel consumption while using the car before being mapped?

Not really, I'm surprised at how well it's running unmapped. :)

I was expecting it to be really unrefined on the standard map, but it's actually not a problem at all. Still, I'm looking forward to seeing how it will feel when properly mapped.

Surprisingly, I actually averaged a higher MPG on the return trip home with the kit fitted!

Clio 182 cup packed
Simply stunning, Ive been following your build on the other thread- deeply jealous :approve:, have you had the cams fitted yet also or have I missed that, Im thinking of going JMS route, if its not wiht the cams do you still recommend the RS2 ?
cheers

Ollie's Silver Cup
Simply stunning, Ive been following your build on the other thread- deeply jealous :approve:, have you had the cams fitted yet also or have I missed that, Im thinking of going JMS route, if its not wiht the cams do you still recommend the RS2 ?
cheers

The 428 cams haven't been fitted yet, just the RS2; I'm waiting for the results of calibration work regarding running the RS2 and 428 cams, before deciding on what to do about them. :)

But yes, I'd highly recommend the RS2. I'm seriously impressed by how it's transformed the car.

Clio 182 cup packed
The 428 cams haven't been fitted yet, just the RS2; I'm waiting for the results of calibration work regarding running the RS2 and 428 cams, before deciding on what to do about them. :)

But yes, I'd highly recommend the RS2. I'm seriously impressed by how it's transformed the car.

Very nice !! will have to start saving

Ollie's Silver Cup
Very nice !! will have to start saving

To be honest, if Tom decided to run another group buy it's well worth getting involved.

It turned out the payments were actually spread over a few months throughout the manufacture/build. :)

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Can confirm this car is as tidy in the flesh as it is in the pictures! Lovely example which is becoming a rare thing as the age takes the toll on the 172's

Glad your enjoying the RS2 Ollie, it's gets even better after the live calibration work ;)

James

260% JCW
Sooooo jealous....... I Love the 172 in Iceberg just wish mine was as clean. First dibs if you ever sell.

Keep it real........the car looks perfect!

Ollie's Silver Cup
Can confirm this car is as tidy in the flesh as it is in the pictures! Lovely example which is becoming a rare thing as the age takes the toll on the 172's

Glad your enjoying the RS2 Ollie, it's gets even better after the live calibration work ;)

James

Other than my stunning collection of dents in the passenger side rear quarter :rasp: haha! I really must get them sorted, they've been bugging me for months! :eek:

I'm looking forward to pressing on with the mapping; any news on the results of the calibration for RS2 and 428's? I'm assuming Tom will be in touch with any updates. :)

Sooooo jealous....... I Love the 172 in Iceberg just wish mine was as clean. First dibs if you ever sell.

Keep it real........the car looks perfect!

Thanks! :D

Is a top car, I recognized it straight away on the M1 on Sunday ;)

Makes me itch to get back in mine

haha what were you driving at the time? Anything I'd recognise from the motorway journey? :)

Sweet:) You have the camera and the skills. I'll PM you:)

Good good! :D

Ollie's Silver Cup
As I've had another attempt at cleaning the rocker cover this afternoon, I have some more photos to share. :eek:

It looks much better now a lot of the grease and dirt has been removed; should be about ready for painting now. :D

5958936296_7fb73179df_z.jpg

5958936794_485aeea2ca_z.jpg

5958378803_005d394865_z.jpg

5958378009_b83e12d79a_z.jpg

5958937116_20a50f2eb2_z.jpg

5958377487_d292e15ee4_z.jpg

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
do you have any more details of that mocal kit mate?

car looks cracking too :) love a nice tidy bay!

FULL FAT 182
Sorry to hijack the thread but i managed to tap a hole to the opposite side making the routing of the pipework more direct, but be aware that you might get a bit of oil dripping from around the cap.

This is due to a bad deign by mocal as they haven't included a baffle.

Ignore the cable ties :eek:
IMG_0265.jpg