ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Joining the Clio gang

C63 PPP Estate
So looks like I’m joining the Clio club!
Selling up on my AMG C63 for a bit of hot hatch action for a few years. I’m picking up Ocsltd’s Inferno Orange 182 next week :)

looking forward to it.

First things; driving position, does anyone know if there’s a product available like the steering wheel spacer Giacomo on this forum used to make? Looks like he’s no longer on the forum; driving position in the 182 wasn’t ideal from memory.

C63 PPP Estate
Do you mean to lower the steering column? If so you just need 2 MB 8mm standoffs. Job jobbed
That’s good to know, actually it was more about getting the steering wheel closer to you so you can get a bit further away from the pedals. But yes lowering sounds spot on too.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
That’s good to know, actually it was more about getting the steering wheel closer to you so you can get a bit further away from the pedals. But yes lowering sounds spot on too.
I’m not sure I have seen anyone do that, presume they would fit a deeper dish steering wheel?

i sorted my driving position by fitting Job Foz extra low subframes to my Trendlines, lowering the steering column, fitting a PMS shifter and now smaller wheel. It feels like how it should of left the factory

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Have you tried sending him a pm? I'm sure @Giacomo-RS had them in stock permanently. If not an aftermarket wheel and boss will move it closer and if you need more add a quick release too. Obviously that also gives you a much better sized steering wheel which give a bit more reach as your arms aren't at 90° to each other any more😂.

C63 PPP Estate
Have you tried sending him a pm? I'm sure @Giacomo-RS had them in stock permanently. If not an aftermarket wheel and boss will move it closer and if you need more add a quick release too. Obviously that also gives you a much better sized steering wheel which give a bit more reach as your arms aren't at 90° to each other any more😂.
Hahahaha. Ye trying to keep the car stock looking, but yes if I really can’t get on with it, will just get a different wheel

C63 PPP Estate
I’m not sure I have seen anyone do that, presume they would fit a deeper dish steering wheel?

i sorted my driving position by fitting Job Foz extra low subframes to my Trendlines, lowering the steering column, fitting a PMS shifter and now smaller wheel. It feels like how it should of left the factory
Can you move the seat back and forward on those subframes?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Can you move the seat back and forward on those subframes?
Yes as they bolt to the oe runners.
Homestky mate sack the oe look off in favour of a much better driving position. Smaller steering wheel, better lower seat and if you can a scenic or pms shifter make it so much nicer to pilot.

C63 PPP Estate
Quick question, the ‘Car Parts for sale’ Forum is saying ‘Private’ and nothing listing in there. Do I just need to hit a certain amount of posts before it activates?

C63 PPP Estate
Yes as they bolt to the oe runners.
Homestky mate sack the oe look off in favour of a much better driving position. Smaller steering wheel, better lower seat and if you can a scenic or pms shifter make it so much nicer to pilot.
Is the scenic shifter an easy swap and which one do I need? Cheers