ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jon and Eddie's European Road Trip

great write ups. im so jealous of you two

would yous say budged £700 for a trip like this?

Think I budgeted for about £800 scott. No idea if I spent more or less as I was moving money around all over the place before I went.

I'll figure out a total cost in the week, once the bank holiday has passed and I can work out whats come out where.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Wow, great write up lads. So many different types of cars there, I'm jealous lol.

I'll have to have a chat about it next time I see you two :)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Think I budgeted for about £800 scott. No idea if I spent more or less as I was moving money around all over the place before I went.

I'll figure out a total cost in the week, once the bank holiday has passed and I can work out whats come out where.

cheers :)

i may look into this next year, and talk joe into it too :approve:

Wow, great write up lads. So many different types of cars there, I'm jealous lol.

I'll have to have a chat about it next time I see you two :)

cheers :)

i may look into this next year, and talk joe into it too :approve:

I believe there is something on the cards. However don't quote me on that.

There are plenty of stories to be told!

Oh yeah, Car sharing is a must IMO. Halves loads of costs and when you get tired you can swap over driving.

I fancy another one next year, but I wouldnt want to do a good portion of it again.

If I were to to do it again, I would have longer at the nurburgring, the entirety of Stuttgart would be cut out, and I would include Monaco/Northern Italy.

Budget wise, £800 min, but that would climb the longer you go/the amount of France you include, as they have expensive autoroutes. Not a chance in bell would I save the money by camping, driving so many miles is hard work, and a comfy hotel is vital each night.

Car sharing is another must, not only does it help ease fatigue, but it cures boredom, the Autobhans and motorways can be pretty dull places, and having someone to chat to is very nice. It also covers costs a lot better.

The car was nothing short of perfect, it wanted for nothing, did nearly 40mpg and carried a load of gear with aircon on for hours on end on the motorways without ever missing a beat! Having said that, I concur with Jon, as good as it was, there is no escaping the fact that they aren't big cars, and they are cramped inside. They are louder than you would want too, with hours of motorway drone growing quite tiresome. A nice German barge would be far far more suitable for 90% of the driving we did.

As I say, anyone thinking of doing it, just do it, regardless of your car, the first one will always be epic, no matter what. No question for me, ill be doing a roadtrip/Le Mens/Spa or German GP next year.

Looks like I spend a total of £840 if anyone is interested.

Hotels(bar blaue ecke hotel), Ferry, Breakdown Cover, Travel Insurance, Car Insurance and WiFi were all paid for prior to leaving which was approx £270, Each.

I then spent £570 on everything else. Petrol, Blaue Ecke hotel, Museums, Trains, Eating out every night, breakfasts, beers/other drinks, snacks, water, ring sticker, ring lanyard, ring laptime, camera memory card, iphone bumper case, toll roads, food on the ferry, hotel parking etc etc.

Looks like I spend a total of £840 if anyone is interested.

Hotels(bar blaue ecke hotel), Ferry, Breakdown Cover, Travel Insurance, Car Insurance and WiFi were all paid for prior to leaving which was approx £270, Each.

I then spent £570 on everything else. Petrol, Blaue Ecke hotel, Museums, Trains, Eating out every night, breakfasts, beers/other drinks, snacks, water, ring sticker, ring lanyard, ring laptime, camera memory card, iphone bumper case, toll roads, food on the ferry, hotel parking etc etc.

Sounds very similar to me.

Although I don't know exactly because I didn't keep the receipt for every, single, thing I bought...

Good writeup, some moneys worth at Sinsheim isn't there?

Been to Sliders and Blau before, both great places. Great pictures too!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Looks a great trip, really makes me want to go back now.

The ring is still the highlight for me, it is such a special place, the atmosphere there is so unique, full of petrol heads who actually drive the cars us normal folk dream of.

Very nice pictures, leaves me with a problem though I need to do a road trip like this...Not want, need too! All in all how much would you say the entire trip cost?

As said on previous pages, for the trip we did, budget somewhere around £800 p/p.

If you just went to the ring for a few days it would be less, if after Zurich you went onwards to Monaco, it would be more ect ect.

Good writeup, some moneys worth at Sinsheim isn't there?

Been to Sliders and Blau before, both great places. Great pictures too!

Yeah, its very much a case of them looking through a catalog and saying 'I'll have one of everything'.

Nice write ups lads, unfortunatley for my bank balance I've decided to do a trip next year, this forum is dangerous sometimes!

Good lad! Where you thinking of going?

Very nice pictures, leaves me with a problem though I need to do a road trip like this...Not want, need too! All in all how much would you say the entire trip cost?

I did a little break down on the previous page :)

Looks a great trip, really makes me want to go back now.

The ring is still the highlight for me, it is such a special place, the atmosphere there is so unique, full of petrol heads who actually drive the cars us normal folk dream of.

Yep, I can totally agree with you on that. It just felt like 'home' we never felt like tourists or people who didn't belong there. Very welcoming and such a special place to be, No doubt helped being the DTM weekend too.

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Good lad! Where you thinking of going?

At the minute not too sure other than it needs to include the 'ring, out of interest how did you find it driving on the opposite side of the road for what I assume is the first time? I havent done it yet you see

The first few roundabouts and junctions are weird, then you just get used to it! Driven on the opposite a few times now, even the second time round it was odd for a little while.

Like Stu said, you get use to it after a few roundabouts and junctions. Found it different overtaking on the motorways, having to check behind the passenger blind spot unlike driving on the right, that blind spot is minimal.

We did have a lot of people looking at us. Unsure if thats because a) British plates b) bright blue clio or c) they're weird.

GSXR + KDX220
We reach Switzerland and ticked over 1000miles for our journey

7856142042_b9d78159dd_z.jpg

Flol......I took the same pic when me and my mate went in May :clap:

Lost of those pics bring back the memories from our E.O.E trip, we also went to Stuttgart to the Merc & Porsche museum, some lovely cars in both!!! Cant wait to do the 'Ring trip again next year

Looks like you both had a wicked time, £800 each doesn't seem out of the way for a week's holiday either.

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Like Stu said, you get use to it after a few roundabouts and junctions. Found it different overtaking on the motorways, having to check behind the passenger blind spot unlike driving on the right, that blind spot is minimal.

We did have a lot of people looking at us. Unsure if thats because a) British plates b) bright blue clio or c) they're weird.

thats good to hear, I suppose I'll just follow some traffic and pick it up :)