ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JP's Silver 1.5 DCi 65

Renault Clio 1.5DCI
Hi all,
Im new to Clio Sport and thought you may be interested in my little Clio.
I was 17 on the 30th January 2012, passed my theory test on the 31st Jan and then passed my Driving test on the 09th Feb 2012.
I went out and bought a 2003 1.5DCI 65 MKII Clio in Silver taxed and tested with only 57000 miles on the clock.

The Day i Bought it :

IMG_0058.jpgIMG_0057.jpgIMG_0059.jpgIMG_0060.jpgIMG_0061.jpgIMG_0062.jpgIMG_0063.jpgIMG_0064.jpgIMG_0091.jpg

Hopefully i will be able to smarten it up a bit over the next few months ... so in theory you could call it a project progress thread :evil:

Would like some feedback on the car and hope to see a few of you at a few meets soon.

Cheers

JP

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
welcome :)

nice dci ;)

you'll get plenty of idea's on here, west renaults flag ship dci sport, my dci rep and loads more dci's :)

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Good man getting a dci, cracking motors. Do you know that your wheels on your car are from a mk1 megane/scenic?

Renault Clio 1.5DCI
well you didnt mess about getting passed did you :p.

looks tidy, good choice getting a diesel, much better than a petrol as they aren't much quicker but your saving on fuel

good miles for its age too

No I couldn't wait to drive and my dad is an ex driving instructor so i got him to teach me quick lol, yeah i wanted a diesel because its a bit different everyone i know who has a clio has a 1.2 or 1.4 petrol clio, i wanted to be different :D

welcome :)

nice dci ;)

you'll get plenty of idea's on here, west renaults flag ship dci sport, my dci rep and loads more dci's :)

Thank You, Yeah i will be reading up on a few projects to get some idea's , its just finding what i want and saving my wages up to get it :) i might have o work some overtime to get it looking the way i want it haha

Good man getting a dci, cracking motors. Do you know that your wheels on your car are from a mk1 megane/scenic?

Thanks AliBailey i didnt know they were off a different car, i thought they were standard :eek:

Thanks for the comments, keep them coming :approve:

JP

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Another thing i just noticed, you have the facelift front bumper which didnt come out until 04 iirc.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
face lift came out early 03. imo better looking than the original mk2 ph2 front

Did it?? I don't think it did.

That car (^^^) has got the pre face lift interior, pre facelift grills, facelift front bumper and megane wheels.

(I'm not knocking it or insulting anyone, just pointing it out before anyone starts crying)

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Did it?? I don't think it did.

That car (^^^) has got the pre face lift interior, pre facelift grills, facelift front bumper and megane wheels.

(I'm not knocking it or insulting anyone, just pointing it out before anyone starts crying)

havent a clue then mate, mine had that bumper/ interior and same grill, plus the dash cluster was still needles not digital display.
altho mine had the original dynamique alloys.

my guess is there was a mix match before the other interior and grills ect came into the range.

( mine is 2003 btw )

Renault Clio 1.5DCI
Right Update Time:
-Bonnet Catch has been done thanks to Sutton Park Renault, although whilst doing the repairs they do a free 25 point check, mine had some work needed doing !!!
*Both Front Springs Broken
*Rear Drivers Spring Broken
*Front Disks excessively Corroded on the rear of the disk
*CV Joint Gaiter had come off and the joint was now dry.

So after kindly speaking to the garage i bought it from, it got sorted without touching my pocket :)

So Bought some service items to fit to cheer myself up:

IMG_0093.jpg
- Fuel Filter
-Air Filter
-Pollen Filter
-Oil Filter
-Oil Sump Plug Washer
-Holts Speed Flush
-Halfords Ready Mixed Screen Wash
-Castrol Magnetec 2x 4L
-Gearbox Oil
-New Aero Wiper Blades (Front)
-Renault Ready Mixed Coolant

19/02/12 - Fitted My Clio Spot Tax disk Holder and Support Sign:
Old -
IMG_0096.jpg

New -
IMG_0097.jpg

Sticker-
IMG_0098.jpg

25/02/12-
Got a bit of the service done .....
Diesel Filter and Air Filter at 58687 Miles

Also had the Paperwork for my private reg come through, so that will be going on shortly :p

Opinions and comments welcome

Many Thanks

JP

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
meh i havent a private plate yet, been looking at a ' T38 SUT ' plate as mine is also a dci :).

but for now i like my standard plate DU03 DHN - DUD3 N0H ;)

320d
Nice first car that mate. I said I wanted a dci as my first car but got a cracking deal on a 1.2 16v instead. The rev counter would annoy me though, god knows why Renault didn't alter it for the diesel models on the pre-facelift.

320d
I've also just noticed how quickly you passed your test <2 weeks. How the hell did you do that??? Well done regardless of how you did it, that's some record.