ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jsut had 12K service and the oil used was...

182FF c/w Recaros
Shell Helix Plus.

Well so it says on the bill:rolleyes:

did a search and found a number of metions of Shell Helix Ultra on this site (Fully Sy I think) whereas the Plus appears to be 10W 40 and Semi Syn.

I'm popping back to the dealer on Saturday for something else they didn't sort so should I be mentioning this to them.

Also, no mention that they'd change the Air Filter either :rolleyes:

mate shelll helix is the dog boll**s of oils, we use this at work and charge a staggering £5.61 a litre, we use the fully synth not sure on the helix plus tho........... guess what oil i use in the valver lol

james

182FF c/w Recaros
I did a check on the web and Helix Plus came up as 10W40. Semi Syn.

Manual clearly states use 5W40.

I'm pissed at them for not chaning the Air Filter either but was wondering whether it was worth having a go at the about the oil.......

JMR

RB 182 Cup
From experience most renault garages put in 10w40 semi synthetic at services. Unless you ask otherwise...Having a 182hp hot hatch, you would really expect a fully synthetic oil such as Shell Helix Ultra as you say. I think they put in Elf Excellium if you request, and there's only about a tenners difference from the semi-syn.

That said, you have a well and truly pucka performance car, fully synthetic should be the order of the day.

You don't get anything if you don't ask. i would challenge them about it, they've probably charged you £45-£50 for the stuff, and tell them you can get Helix Plus for £22 from a Shell garage.

However, even if they change it, how will you tell? You won't be able to.

Go for a reduction in your bill/ or re-fund of the difference.:)

James

domtheone said:
I did a chekkc on the web and Helix Plus came up as 10W40. Semi Syn.

I'm pissed at them for not chaning the Air Filter either but was wondering whether it was worth having a go at the about the oil.......

yeah i would deffo have a go about the air filter but the oil is fine mate.... although i would deffo want fully synth in it....the oil has the same viscosity so that wont harm it.... i would say use 10w40 fully synth in any car... its good for cold starts and all round driving

james

182FF c/w Recaros
From the Service Manual

For the Clio 2.0 16V use 5W40 Oil:rolleyes:

From the Service Manual

Replace the Air Filter every 12000 miles:rolleyes:

On the phone at 8am in the morning:mad:

Dom from memory I think you payed a good rpice for the service so I wouldn't personally worry too much about the oil. It's not a racing car.

However, I would bend the receptionist over and smash her back doors in about the air filter. It's part of the service and if they are too retarded to quote it in their price then that's their loss.

182FF c/w Recaros
Well your definately right about the back door bit with the receptionist.

She's quite a looker. Hi Michelle;)

I guess I can get them to do it on Saturday morning when I take the technician out to listen to the bloody noise from the Exhaust/Cat.

Probably spend Sat morning shopping in Loughborough then ffs:rolleyes:

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Pollen filter too.............not cheap!

Your in Loughborough????????

They are the cheapest buy far in this area & yes she's fit.

domtheone said:
Well your definately right about the back door bit with the receptionist.

She's quite a looker. Hi Michelle;)

To be fair, they're probably better off kitting her out with a spanner and a pot of grease. She'd probably know more about the 182 than any 'master tech' that Renault employ.

182FF c/w Recaros
If Pollen filter is Cabin Filter than that was done. Billed for that along with the oil/oil filter.

Cabin filter is marked on the service book as well.

No mention of Oil filter as it's not on the service page. I guess that's becuase they're change automatically every service.

182FF c/w Recaros
Roy Munson said:
To be fair, they're probably better off kitting her out with a spanner and a pot of grease. She'd probably know more about the 182 than any 'master tech' that Renault employ.

Well if that's the case then next time it's in for service i'm staying to watch:D

domtheone said:

Manuals wrong you can use 10-40 or 5-40 there a few grades you can use 5-40 is better but unless temps drop below -20 10-40 is fine.

Clio 172 mk2
Roy Munson said:

I think your right there:D