ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

juddering/clunking etc when accelerating in first/second??

I know this stuff has been posted on here before so forgive me but I can't seem to find the info I'm looking for...

Accelerating in first and towards the higher revs in second gear, there is a kind of juddering noise/something that sounds like the wheels are loosing traction and bouncing about on the suspension, its obviously not this because no tyre squeal..

How do I know if the engine mounts are knackered, how tight should the four bolts and the nut on the top mount be?
If not this, what else could it be??

Thanks in advance.

Monaco Clio 172
Get someone in the car put it in gear and lift the clutch up and down to bounce i tin the bite and you can see if there is any engine movement

Evo 8 MR
Get someone in the car put it in gear and lift the clutch up and down to bounce i tin the bite and you can see if there is any engine movement

WTF?

It's worn engine mounts, fit powerflex bushes in the dogbone mount whilst your at it.