ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Juddering, steam and smell of burning

Titanium Clio 182
I got into my car today a 54 plate with 107000 miles on the clock, 90% of them are motorway miles.

anway, started the car and it was juddering and the emisions light came on, reversed out of my drive, trying not to stall the car. Then drove along the road with my foot down and I was juddering all over the place and was slowly increasing speed with my foot down, anyway drove about for 5 min then smelt burning!!! Thought it must have been outside, carried on driving, no power and juddering as if I had Kangaroo juice in my car!!!

Arrived back at my parents and stopped, the endine was steaming for somewhere but couldn't find out where, even thought it was steam it smelt of burning and inside the car smelt of burning. Anyway went inside for 30min, then decided to go to Morrisons, drove there, the car was fine, but still couldn't smell the burning from earlier, but i'm wondering what may have caused this?

About a year ago, I had to replace a injector as I had the same juddering effect, emissions lighty and loss of power!! But it seems to have fixed itself!! Anyway off to Primrose Valley tomorrow, 1hr 30min drive away from Middlesbrough. :D)