ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Juddering when cold.

I have a Clio 2 (199:cool: and am getting engine problems when cold. When the engine is cold, it will judder/hesitate under acceleration and then all of a sudden pick up. As soon as the engine gets up to temperature, it runs fine, could this be a spark plug or fueling issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mr2 Roadster

My 97 1.8 RSi started doing the same at the weekend, until then it was fine. Its only if I blip it, then it vibrates through the whole car...?

Renault Laguna Coupe

This behaviour is a feature of the car. Its not a fault. In order to comply with the EURO emission regulations the ECU rations the fuel until the engine is warm (cat gets working then). As soon as the required engine temperature is reached the correct fuelling is supplied and the car takes off like usual.

This doesnt apply to the RSi as far as I know, but its a feature of Clio 2 models.

Yeah shes pricey...

Well at Southend you can always pop the bonnet and get some peeps to have a look, theres always people who know there sh*t at meets.

-Rob