ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

juddering whilst accerlerating

clio 172
hi, need some help to figure out whats causing a judder

when accelerating the steering wheel and the foot well judders like mad, but when i come off the throttle it goes away, it judders at any speed and only when the throttle is pushed,

i had the track rod ends replaced , wheel alignment done and 2 new tyres done 2 weeks ago. i did notice my driveshafts making a knocking noise when reversing , could the driveshafts cause this juddering when accelerating or something else? cheers for any advice

Back again with more problems !!

Cv joints/Shaft (s)?
Mounts ?

Where's Frederick when he is needed !

Last edited:
  Astra (H) VXR
May be a stupid suggestion but are all the wheels tight?

I had some new tyres put on a few years back at quick fit and they failed to torque up me of the wheels properly, sat at 70 on the motor way and I heard a knocking noise and a hurt endows juddering through the wheel, luckily I was near a service station and jumped off there, all four bolts on drivers side front barely finger tight...

Needless to say I went back and gave them a piece of my mind..

Good old CS, I think you will be waiting a while on here to get a solution to this problem.

Good job it isn't an urgent query.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Jesus it was only yesterday, Check the CV joints first, jack the car up and try and lift the wheels, see if there is any play, you'll throw hundreds at a stealer for them trying to find the problem.