ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Juddery pull off and whine on gear change

172 Ph2 + Gashtravan
Hi guys, wondered if anyone can help?
I have a clio 172 ph2 and recently it has been doing my head in.
all of a sudden pulling off has been extremely Juddery, also on down changes.
Also when I change from second to third and 3rd to 4th there is a whine (sounds like the diff when I'm hard in a bend in 2nd) almost like a turbo lol.

Im going to start looking for problems in my unit tomorrow but was just wondering what you guys thought it could be? Clutch? Engine mounts?

Any suggestions would be helpful thanks :)

172 Ph2 + Gashtravan
I've checked all mounts, shafts and suspension and all is tight and working as it should.

One thing though, this may sound stupid, my rear exhaust mount is shagged and the rubber is virtually nothing and this is causing the exhaust to vibrate on the rear axle, I have temporarily tied it up until I can get a mount on Monday from euro car farts. And the juddering seems to have subsided a little. Is this just coinsidence or could it actually be the knackered exhaust mount causing the movement? Stupid question maybe

Thanks