ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

just a pic you might like

Lionel Richie
one of the fleet having a clutch change :D
DSC00070.jpg

DSC00071.jpg

£2K for the clutch on its own! plus it needs a new gearstick = £1K!!!!

Lionel Richie
i'm helping out at drivers dream days with their fleet ;)

erm to pull the engine and box is "about" 8hours, book time for the entire job is apparently 30hrs!

Lionel Richie
yeah prodrive is one of the circuits, the previous owner/s thought it would be a good idea to weld the gearstick on, only problem is you need to unscrew it to get the gearbox out, so out came the hacksaw and a big parts bill from lambo :(

Lionel Richie
yeah it will have been the same car, is that why the clutch is knackered? ;) its all down to the driver my boy! LOL

bloody horrible things to drive on the road, you can't see bugger all and they're a nightmare to park plus driving round in a puke green lambo everyones thinks you're a pleb! haha

Lionel Richie
this'll be a daft ask, but what's something like that like to work on? fairly nervy?!

they're ok to be honest, you just have to be careful with all the trim pieces, engine cover etc all the delicate bits as they probably cost more than my V6 does in total! (front bumper is £7-10k for example!)

once all the tat is out of the way its just a car really, get the hammer out and go nuts ;)

LOL don't know about the clutch but the gearbox certainly took a bit of stick that day, grinding it into second 2 or 3 times :dapprove:

421 Cammed 172
hhhhmmmmmmmm,

Wouldn't mind hiring a lambo to drive to my wedding in!

Cant stand stretch hummers etc

Lionel Richie
well the engine crane was struggling lifting the engine out! not a nice feeling having what must be a £40K lump of metal dangling over the back of the car!

Lionel Richie
it took 5 of us to put the engine and box back in (in one go) all back together in a day, so not bad going, just needs fluids tomorrow am then test drive time ;)