ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just a quick clean... what to use?

A slow one :-(
Last weekend I gave the car a propper good clean.

I went through the process of

AG shampoo
Clay
AG SRP
AG EGP
P21S

It looked fantastic but since then it has rained alot and I work next to a construction site so the car is dirty as hell again. I don't really have time every weekend to go through the above process so I was wondering is there an "all in one" substitute I could use after the shampooing the car?

Black S2 106 Rallye LHD
Just a once over with a decent shampoo should bring it back to life if you did all that last week.

Be sure to rinse all the loose dirt off first with a hose, and wash using the infamous 2-bucket method :)

I done a similar job on mine last week.

Yesterday gave mine a quick wash with gold class shampoo and a layer of megs #16 mirror glaze, it has come up superb! Probably didn't need another wax, but I had an hour to kill.

Formally Alex C
Prima Slick, Clearkote Quik Shine, Poorboys Spray & Gloss or Spray & Wipe are all quick detail sprays that are great for a quick once over just as a top up to all the work you've already done. You could even go with a quick wax product like Poorboys QW+.

Cheers.

106 GTi
Cant recommend the Extreme Slick Synthetic - Polymer Detailer (Anti-Static) enough either, got the 182 to the FCS dust free it really works. Also is streak free to use on Black.

RenaultSport Clio 172
darren_rallye said:
Just a once over with a decent shampoo should bring it back to life if you did all that last week.

Be sure to rinse all the loose dirt off first with a hose, and wash using the infamous 2-bucket method :)

2 bucket method?? I'm intrigued, never heard that one! What is it?

Black S2 106 Rallye LHD
Fill 1 bucket with soapy water; the other bucket with plain water.

Before you put the mitt into the soapy solution clean it in the plain water, to stop grit and dirt going on the car :)

RenaultSport Clio 172
darren_rallye said:
Fill 1 bucket with soapy water; the other bucket with plain water.

Before you put the mitt into the soapy solution clean it in the plain water, to stop grit and dirt going on the car :)

Ahhhhh!! Cheers!

A4 Avant & A3
hell... mine gets hosed down then some soapy stuff in warm water, then hosed down & dried with a chamois.

I feel bad now.. need to get some polish..need to get some polish!!
(and learn how to use it!!)