ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just about to lower me car...

Wheres the torsion bar adjusting guide gone?

Can anyone give me any details about the torsion bar removal tool the guy in the guide knocked together?

Do you have to do anything with the swinging arm? Someone I know reckons this is the way to do it?

Had I best spay some wd40 on it? And if so where? How long for?

Quote: Originally posted by number2301 on 13 May 2004

Wheres the torsion bar adjusting guide gone?

Can anyone give me any details about the torsion bar removal tool the guy in the guide knocked together?
Come on someone!!! Please :)

Wait till Daz is online, he has a guide on his website.

You will need to remove the dust cap and spray lots of wd-40 in there now, then replace it. The tool he knocked up was a large socket wiht a bolt through it, easier if you see it. When you have the torsion bar out, raise the trailing arm wiht a trolly jack, to the desired level, and then raise or lower it to the nearest spline, and knock it back in.

Right, what size are the bolts and that for the tool he knocked up? I seen the guide before and Im not a member, must be the one Lunner is taking about. I did a search on torsion bar, lowering etc, couldnt find a link to the guide.