ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just added up...

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
What I need (in terms of cash) To what I call "finish" My clio. The following list is just parts, all of this is labour on top (including leather retrims, custom made carbon fibre rear diffuser and practically a whole new fibreglass interior)

Electric Window Conversion £179.99
Isotta Katiena Steering Wheel Black £179.99
Isotta Boxer Steering Wheel Boss £79.99
Luke 3 Point Harness Black £59.99Luke 3 Point Harness Black £59.99
Renault Clio 172 Rear bench with headrests £49.99
Audio Control Epicentre £129.99
Stinger Fuse Holders and Volt Metres £99.99
Carcept Rear Spoiler £129.99
Clio 172 Rear Beam £229.99
Hi Spec Rear Big Disc Conversion £189.99
Hi Spec Rear Calliper Kit £249.99
Konig Tuner 2 19” Alloys £1099.99
Fuel Filler Relocation Kit £49.99
Hi Spec 4 Pot 325mm Big Disc Conversion £799.99
Dakota Digital Stack Dash £599.99
Rayvern Hydraulics F/B Fast Air Kit £1599.99
Custom Exhaust £399.99
OZ Audio 2000wrms Amplifier £449.99
OZ Audio ME12 Subwoofers x2 £499.99
OZ Audio 4 Channel Amplifiers x2 £499.99
Pioneer DVD5700 DVD Player £499.99
5x 7” Monitors £599.99
Optima Red Top Battery W/ Split Charger £229.99

Looks like I better get saving, although I've hada few words and should be able to get a discount on some of the audio, dials, wheels, and airbags. I doubt il lend up with ALL of it (Im thinking £2ks worth of brakes which are just for bling is OTT!)

The Clio is now sorn off the road (or will be very soon) and the ni can get saving. I've 99% certain I've got the promotion at work I've gone for, which leaves me £80 a week better off, but I'm goign to concerntrate on using this money to sort out some finances (nothing major, just a few hundred I owe family etc) And then the big mods can commence :D

Dont actually know why im posting this but hey :D

Last edited:
can i have your life. my parents and gf would kill me if i did what u did. lol
why not get the 182 engine conversation from ktec for 2500 :)

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
cause a decent engine would simply be wasted in this car. I could have bough and insured (at 19) a 182 or maybe EVEN a Mk1 V6 (not sure about the insurance) for what ive spent/will spend, But simply dont want a fast car, they dont , at this moment in time appeal to me at all.

My parents and GF dont know how much i spend, otehrwise they would kill me :)

Yes i know i should save for a house.

Abarth Grande Punto
^^ Your only young once matey! Ive been there and done it. Spent about 3 grand on mods on my last clio! But hey ho im now 23 own a flat and have a 182 happy days !

Can you not jsut use standard Mk2 electric window kits the will be cheaper than £180.

What about Fk's instead of airbags just set them as low as possible new rear springs/front springs arn't much to lower it a bit more.

Front 4 pots thats silly money IMo get some 2285mm ketc conversion for much less.

ive spent alot on my clio too, and its only a 1.2.
now i have my own flat, and still own one of the sexiest 1.2 ph2s around :eek: :rasp: :)

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Can you not jsut use standard Mk2 electric window kits the will be cheaper than £180.

What about Fk's instead of airbags just set them as low as possible new rear springs/front springs arn't much to lower it a bit more.

Front 4 pots thats silly money IMo get some 2285mm ketc conversion for much less.

f**k me now thats a big disc conversion!!

Its true, I could do this for a lot less. But its how I want I. Coilovers were consider heavily, But they havent got the WOW fact of airbags. I know this isnt exactly going to be a daily drive, but its got to be useable for whe ni do drive it, Slammed on Coilovers, it wouldnt get on my drive!

The brakes,ive already got the K-tec big disc conversion and will pro bend up just plonking on standard rear discs.

This list (to me) is the absolute top notch stuff, Financially, I'm unsure if i can get that far, and by the time I can i could be bored, But id say 90% of that will go forward. The brakes im still shaky about, I think they will look the dogs, but I am on a budget, this is a personal car, built by a 19 year old. I dont have acess to millions of pounds, my own bodyshop or tuning shop.

AS for the windows, this was what I was quoted for a FULL kit, with everything ineed, genuine renault parts, I looked into buying each piece and it was like £150 for the regulators alone! If you can source me a kit cheaper iwould be extremely grateful!

I'm also struggling to source a rear bench with headrests!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
FK coilovers - £450
Tinted windows - £200
Skirts - £200
Further smoothing-£100
New tyres - £300
custom exhaust - £350

and for next year / year after

172 engine
custom interior

other bits i dont plan on paying for :p

fiberglass indash screen mould
door speaker pods

ICE

DD sub - £500
DD amp £700

Audi TT 225
I think we all have one of those lists some where ;)

He doesn't want a nicer or faster car he wants a personalised custom pimp my clio shiznits.

dog...

westsiiiiiidee!

p.s. your never going to need that much stopping power.... you'll probably top to quick and have some lamma rear end you lol

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
I think we all have one of those lists some where ;)

He doesn't want a nicer or faster car he wants a personalised custom pimp my clio shiznits.

dog...

westsiiiiiidee!

p.s. your never going to need that much stopping power.... you'll probably top to quick and have some lamma rear end you lol

hehe, as I say, I think if i do get the car to this spec, it will be far from adaily driver. Its quite modified at the moment, and thats causing problems, I worry about parking it, leaving it etc, and thats with no interior! With 7" monitors on show etc etc, Going to be very risky leaving it.

However, The air bags should make the car a little more "driveable" (I use the term loosely, as I understand my handling, and ride quality will be serverly impaired, but I believe they will be more beneficial to this project than coilovers, and I honestly believe that somewhere in the back of my mind, I can justify the extortionate price lol.

TBH the brakes will be just astetic to me. I know that quote isnt going to make me Mr. Popular on this board, But I honestly think cars are let down by their brakes in an astetic way. Theres nothing worse than seeing some decent, big wheels with milk top discs up front, and even worse DRUMS on the back. Just think, a 19" Black Chrome wheel, with a 325mm Drilled disc, and Gold 4 Pot Calipers and Bells behind them. I think that will look awesome. I feel there are alot of feature cars let down by this, I understand it is a HUGE cost, but lets face it, if some people can afford to spend ££,£££'s on bodywork, I'm sure £700 would be within reach, but im in no state to criticise anyones car at the moment.

I know the scene is changing, and cars like this arent exactly "the business" (once again, a losely used term, as Modified cars work purely on opinions, an awesome car to me, would look a bag of shite to most others), especially on the UK Magazine scene. Max Power is focusing purely on UK Bling, which a clio would never be, Redline is getting more and more performance related ( I think TOTB events have caused this) The only one left is fast car. PGTI has always been a performance orientated magazine. AS a result, I'm building my OWN car, to my specification, how i want. I'm not going to build a car to get a magazine feature, I'm not using their criteria, Its built for me, However if i get a feature I would be chuffed to bits :p

OH MY GOD I waffle on, must like the sound of my own voice:p

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
iv got a rear bench with headrests going (im all stripped out now) pm me if interested

how much?

Some people on other forums areasking why so much for dials, For those interested heres a pic of the dash:

prd_zm_487.jpg

Thats going in the centre of the dash where the clock is and stock dials smoothed out :)

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
not sure, you got £50 listed for one on your list, so £50 + postage, or you could collect?

They seem to go on ebay for a bout £50 posted mate, where abouts are you? What pattern is on the seat? And do i get both the lower and upper bit?

Thanks!

AS for the windows, this was what I was quoted for a FULL kit, with everything ineed, genuine renault parts, I looked into buying each piece and it was like £150 for the regulators alone! If you can source me a kit cheaper iwould be extremely grateful!

Breakers yards would sell you the stuff cheap.

not sure, you got £50 listed for one on your list, so £50 + postage, or you could collect?

They seem to go on ebay for a bout £50 posted mate, where abouts are you? What pattern is on the seat? And do i get both the lower and upper bit?

Thanks!

yep back and base too, pattern is black with silver/grey flecks on the normal patterned area, il pm you some pics if you like, i will get a postage quote for you and see what i can sort for price, they are pretty heavy tho so postage might be a killer, im based in chesterfield

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
if you want, I'll just have the back bit with the headrests off you to save on postage? Pattern doesnt matter as they will be retrimmed.

Let me know how you get on mate.

Lionel Richie
good luck with the rear hispec disc conversion, thats gonna cost WAY more than you've listed

go direct to Hispec, cheaper to buy them direct

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
good luck with the rear hispec disc conversion, thats gonna cost WAY more than you've listed

go direct to Hispec, cheaper to buy them direct

I was hoping for an answer like that :) How much do you think?

I'm going direct with the brakes, I seem to remember pricing them up at about £120 a caliper? Im not talking 4 pot calipers, just normal ones that look cool.

180.5 bhp 172
Crazy Clio...

Can I just ask who your insured with on this Clio? Is it your own policy?

Just wondering, as Im your age and looking for an insurer that will take my mods... :dapprove:

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
its £790 fully comp, all declared but thats only 1k a year lol. Just took the policy out few days ago, Sure it will go up once more mods go on. with Flux

1.6 focus zetec....
Fair play to you mate!!

I havent seen the car close up yet and when all this is done im making a personal visit to see it lol!! I know what you mean about not wanting a faster car and thats what people on here should try and understand...its personal preferance!! When i was 17 it was all about styling...having the biggest and the best looking..i had 17's (was told any bigger and it wouldnt fit) 2x 5" cans (wanted 4 but the wheel well was in the way)...but now im almost 21 and have been working with my cousin trying to get his 2.0 valver with extras on the road im starting to sway towards speed but still with a little bit of styling (can't be doing with boring standard)!! So its all down to the person!!

I didnt think flux insured under 21's???

Enough from me anyway 'cos ill be writing more than you!!

Kiza

1.6 focus zetec....
hmm i might try them when my insurance is up with norwich union as i hear their premiums have gone up 40%???

Kiza