ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just been asked to bend over by Bell. WTF?!?

Its that time again: insurance renewal time :D

Last year I paid £700 with bell (found them to be the cheapest)

Renewal qte has just come through, details:

Nearly 24 years old.
3 Years No claims,
Driving for 5 years
Had a claim for £1500 in 2007
59 year old mother as named driver (mega no claims ;))

£950!!!! for 10 months cover

So £250 more for being one year older and wiser. Cheeky fu*kers.

Really made my blood boil.

Got a qte as "new customer" online with them, same details etc - £720 with all mods noted.

How can they dare seriously. :mad: lol

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Thats what they do!!

Mine went from £298 last year to £620 this year!

(Not with Bell, but the same principle)

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Similar happened to me with Elephant one year, renewal was £480, new customer price was £340. Was funny when they asked me who offered them the £340 quote to price match "errr......you" lol

A bit of a joke but some people must just accept the renewal without checking and get mugged!

Da

Less
"New customer discounts" are removed when you renew so it's always better to cancel and take out a new policy with the same company ;)

Similar happened to me with Elephant one year, renewal was £480, new customer price was £340. Was funny when they asked me who offered them the £340 quote to price match "errr......you" lol

A bit of a joke but some people must just accept the renewal without checking and get mugged!

Its just really annoyed me. Some non-internet person would have just accepted it and paid it.

I shall have a ring round tommorow (in works time lol) and call Sky/Brentacre and see what they can do for me.

Oh and Bell have kindly removed my ability to drive my girlfriends car 3rd party too. Smart. :mad:

E46 325ci, ZX10r E9f
had my insurance renewal through the post last week, its gone up by £35 to £375. quick online search on confused.com/comparethemarket and i got it down to £286 :approve:

Been good for me £690 19 years old, 1.2, 2 years ncb, With mods.

All insurance companies like to shift people on, Just a case of a lot of phoning and online quotes.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
We had a similar thing with my gf's 106, churchill wanted £790 for a renewal on a 22yo female driving a 1.1, one argument later and we got it down to £300 fully comp with me as an additional driver.

BMW 320d M-Sport
Same with mine on Admiral - second year it went up loads, new customer quote and down it went!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Nah, they had me tied up for ages!
Been impressed with CK personally, cheapest quote by far and great with mods everytime I ring up.

Sky pretty much say no as soon as they pick up the phone to me, like the recent quote of £4k on a 1995 group 12 disco tpft with only 2k miles a year. Ridiculous price.

Pug 205 gti
Been impressed with CK personally, cheapest quote by far and great with mods everytime I ring up.

Sky pretty much say no as soon as they pick up the phone to me, like the recent quote of £4k on a 1995 group 12 disco tpft with only 2k miles a year. Ridiculous price.

you didnt get the gag. knott- tied up?!

MR2 Mk1.5
Do you do online quotations?

No, we must speak to customers on the phone. We deal with some very highly specced cars which would be impossible to provide an online quote for. You are welcome to drop me a PM with your name and phone number and I can arrange a call back?

Thanks

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Well, I called Brentacre and they offered me a 12 months policy, with all my mods noted down etc. Good level of comp cover for £789.

I was happy with this so called Bell to advise them, I wont be renewing with them.

Good stuff. Pays to shop around. :cool:

It's A Reno
Bell did this to me years ago.
I had a bump that wasn't my fault and they almost doubled my premium.

Clio 182
Herts insurance company are the best by far. My previous car 1.8T Golf was £802 this year they quoted me £530 but I cancelled the renewal for my new car (Clio 182) they said £730 so can't argue really considering its 2 insurance groups higher!

1.5dci
...59 year old mother as named driver (mega no claims ;))

This reminded me to look at adding my dad and bf to my policy, went and got a quote online from who i'm currently with, added my dad first, 46 year old, no accidents no points etc, and it went up in price quite significantly, anyone know why it should cost an extra for my dad, most people seem to have the opposite, i'm not gonna pay that much to add him, we live over 300 miles apart, my parents just want someone else to be able to drive the car if anything was to happen.
Also currently i'm not sure what would happen if i was to get stuck not being able to drive :-s anyone had this happen and know what to do, was concerned last week, drove to work with a slightly dodge ankle and it got worse all day, did manage to get home ok though, but what if i couldn't?

Clio 200
elephant tried this every year with me and when i went to get them to match the new customer online quote tis year they said no.

went to admiral (same company) 800 cheaper with all the relevant changes on the policy.

insurance last year was 1100 renewal was meant to be 600 with elephant upped the mileage added commuting etc and it jumped to 1700.

eventually got cover with admiral for 670 fully comp, 23 2 years ncb 3 claims in 2007 no points, 10k annual mileage parked on the street with commuting and breakdown cover

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
elephant tried this every year with me and when i went to get them to match the new customer online quote tis year they said no.

went to admiral (same company) 800 cheaper with all the relevant changes on the policy.

insurance last year was 1100 renewal was meant to be 600 with elephant upped the mileage added commuting etc and it jumped to 1700.

eventually got cover with admiral for 670 fully comp, 23 2 years ncb 3 claims in 2007 no points, 10k annual mileage parked on the street with commuting and breakdown cover

they said no??

how can they refuse to honour a quote??

but elephant did this to me this year, i phoned up and had a moan, tbh the person on the phone sounded abit embarassed that they try it.

and honoured the new customer quote so i didnt leave them out of spite. At the end of the day, every company tries to squeeze you out of as much money as possible.