ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just been crashed into - pics.

Exact same thing happened to my car when the ex had it (I bought it off her).

Repair bill on it was about £1-1.2k.

They will definitely write that off!

Sorry :(

As above though, he may not realise how expensive Clios are to repair - the bloke who reversed into my door :rolleyes: didn't plan on me bringing 4 quotes, all for over £600 LOL

BMW M3
You should have called the police and got the insurance onvolved. I;ve been stung before and it aint nice - theres no comeback and the bill wont help you out if you dont report it.

Finally got in concact with the guy tonight. He couldnt apologise enough and seemed very genuine about the whole thing.

I told him it may well cost up to £1k to repair and he said he simply didnt have that sort of money so its looking like he'll have to go through the insurance route after all even though he doesnt want to loose his NCB. He's said he'll admit full liability so i shouldnt have to pay anything out.

I reckon they will declare it a write-off, so ill probably get base market value which i think is around £400 at the moment, even though if i had sold the car before the crash i would have got around £800 as its fairly low miles for the age, and has a few extra bits on it like the 16v interior and alloys.

At the end of all this ill probably be around £400-500 down, so it was a fairly expensive trip to supermarket really.

Start getting evidence together to show how much good condition ones are going for - get copies of AutoTrader, Exchange and Mart, Online prices such as off here...

Their first offer is never their last offer, don't just accept it!

Also, if they write it off, ask if you can buy it back - then you can strip the parts that are worth a little :)

Start getting evidence together to show how much good condition ones are going for - get copies of AutoTrader, Exchange and Mart, Online prices such as off here...

Their first offer is never their last offer, don't just accept it!

Also, if they write it off, ask if you can buy it back - then you can strip the parts that are worth a little :)

Thanks for the advice dude

parkers say £450 whereas whatcar give a value of around the £1k mark with the milage adjusted to suit so like you say it could be worthwhile gathering up a bit of evidence.

Tommorrow the alloys, stereo, speakers, seats and exhaust are all coming off/getting put back to standard in expectation of it being a write off.

Sorry to drag this back but ive just had some rather good news.

Got in contact with the guys insurance company, and they offered me a cash lump sum, to write the car off, just to get the case off their books quickly.

Upshot of this is, and i cant believe im saying this, a cheque is in the post for £1200 for my 96' rt with 76k miles on the clock - gammy wheel bearings included. AND, i get to keep the car to either break or sell on. I properly cant believe it.

Valver here i come!

May well be putting the rt up for sale on here for breaking or sale as a job lot (its still driveable) or dumping it on ebay - what do you think is the best option?

'03 172, now a 2004 CTR
I was about to say about the cost of repairing that.

I got hit up the arse in my 206 at traffic lights, no major damage, just:
rear bumper,
arch liners
and a small dent in the rear quarter panel and it cost :

£1600 to be put right at a bodyshop. Plus the costs of me having a hire car etc...

Seems like you have come out of this on top (if there is such a thing) :)

Yeh i think this has turned out for the best in the end. Had i sold my car as it was before the incident i would have got somewhere in the region of 850 i think. So for me to be given £1200 for it, as well as the benefit of still actually having the car to sell on, is a pretty good upshot.

E91 M Sport
Before you get too elated, don't forget your insurance company will bum you hard when they you tell them you had a no-fault claim that was successfully reclaimed. Really angers me - you are no greater risk, yet you pay them more.

Before you get too elated, don't forget your insurance company will bum you hard when they you tell them you had a no-fault claim that was successfully reclaimed. Really angers me - you are no greater risk, yet you pay them more.

Ive tried that and it bumps the premium up by near enough £200.

The chap from elephant - the other guys insurers, however, said there is absolutely no reason to list you had an accident as it never went anywhere near my own insurers - it all got dealt with through the 3rd party insurers. He said that they would only ever find out if they did some serious digging about as a result of me crashing in the future and having to make a claim on my own insurance.

E91 M Sport

Ive tried that and it bumps the premium up by near enough £200.

The chap from elephant - the other guys insurers, however, said there is absolutely no reason to list you had an accident as it never went anywhere near my own insurers - it all got dealt with through the 3rd party insurers. He said that they would only ever find out if they did some serious digging about as a result of me crashing in the future and having to make a claim on my own insurance.

Sounds like you got through to someone helpful...they'll probably fire him soon! lol. £200 for something you had no control over is daylight robbery - trouble is, its legal, and if you don't declare it, you could face problems if you need to claim in future.

I dont know whether to sell the car as a job lot, for someone to use as spares etc, or try splitting it all. Trouble is, im not the most mechanically minded person and dont know if i can be bothered with the hastle of it all.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Nice result, cant believe how quick you got it sorted my crashes have always taken AGES to get my money, the guy must have admitted liability straight off...... and fair play for doing that there isnt many like that, both the c***s who drove into me didnt do that.

Yeh he always said right from the start he would admit liability, and its fair play to him forholding his word. His dad had told him never to admit liability , even though it was a complete no brainer in this situation. I think he felt so bad about steaming through a give way into me though that his concience (sp?) took over and he admitted straight away. He did seem like a really nice chap and no doubt that helped no end. Has it been some idiot chav or complete moron, then no doubt id still be phoning insurance people now. Luck of the draw really.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Unless that's an agreed value high-spec mk1 then I'd count on that being a write off... Rear beam and all accessories, wheel, door, 3/4 panel...