ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just bit the bullet..

A slow one :-(
And ordered a PC from Autopia...

Got the following bits for it...

Got a PC, Sonus SFX pad kit, some additional SFX Pads, and some spot pads.

Also grabbed some some Sonus drying towels at the same time...

Now just need to get the transformer etc and some polishes.

Any suggestions on the Polish front? Not sure what to use... Poorboys or Megs or Menzerna or Prima or...

Bear in mind i'd be a newbie to it...

106 GTi
Nice one.

Polishes wise, I found the Poorboys SSR range, 1, 2 and 2.5 easier than the Meguiars to begin with. Megs 80 is nice not a fan of the 83 tbh.

Have gone over to the Menzerna range now, the Intensive Polish is not as user freindly as the Poorboys SSR 2.5, but the I.P as well as the Final Finish polishes yeild much better results over all and especially in Gloss. Not as easy to master as a beginner as the Poorboys range which is easy as pie to use.

I would get Poorboys SSR 2.5 and 2 and one of the Menzerana Final Finishes to begin with.

Clearkote Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze and Autoglym SRP both work really well by PC aswell.

Can't comment on the Prima as I only have the Amigo Glaze here.

106 GTi
Only managed to use it once before the autumn came round, worked well, will give it ago again in the spring. Overall I prefered to Clearkote Vanila Moose than the Red Machine Glaze on first impressions.

Middo used it a few times on his Black Clio before selling IIRC.