ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just booted it on 15psi

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3

Been running my 5 on about 8psi and it wasnt slow, just turned it up to 15 and my god its fast. When its on boost I just cant stop grinning!

Its so low as well that it feels a lot faster than it probably is.

FRST and 106 GTi

at that presure is the highest you should have on a T2... you should as well check the carb mix.

its too much explosive to some times get in control of the little "beast". :)

are the intercooler hoses holding up?

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3

it can run 15 with standard turbo etc, but not all the time, just for showin off :D

The intercooler is flowed and strapped so its fine - i normally run it on about 8psi.....for now

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Make sure the fuelling is ok at that boost...

Not a good idea to constantly wind it up and down, especially from 8 to 15psi mate, theres a big difference between the two. The carb will want re-jetting to run that sort of boost.

They do go like stink when you wind them up though!!! :D

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3

To be honest thats the first time ive turned the boost up since i got it.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Dont make it be the last...

Most people just get R5s and crank up the boost, without doing anything else, then wonder why they have problems!

Dont make that mistake.

Lionel Richie

My mate has just put a T3 turbo and "special spec" cam in his (done by a lad whos 5 is in this months Redline with 231bhp!!!!!) except the bloody carb is playing up and the car aint starting, bugger!!!!!!

I managed to get a reading of 21 out of mine, but then my plugs bit the bullet. Now obvioulsly this is not recommended for any one lol. I run now, normally, around 17 psi and i think its just mad. Spinning the wheels in 3rd is funny, specially in a clio with 1.4 RT badges down the side!!! lol

When I had an Uno Turbo...after having stuff done, I cranked it up to 18psi...was mental.

Mitsi, I understand the smiling ;)

Bill

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3

Someone told me it melts the pistons? is that whats happened there? Apparently the geezer who has the 231bhp 5 in redline will come to ur house and sort ur car out. Might get him to rejet the carb.

My mate has an uno turbo which looks a right pile of sh*te but it such a good buzz driving it. Pissed a guy off with a 225 TT who didnt have a clue how to drive properly and thought he was the b****cks. There is GTT that knocks around near where I live which is apparently running at 250 brake?? Has this mental looking flip paint and a dimma body kit. Some of the lads around the Sheffield/Chesterfield area may have seen it out and about.

Lionel Richie

Yeah Mitsi, he will come to your house!!!!! Im seeing him in a bit so ill ask him about prices etc, where do you live????

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Mitsi on 23 January 2003

Someone told me it melts the pistons? is that whats happened there? Apparently the geezer who has the 231bhp 5 in redline will come to ur house and sort ur car out. Might get him to rejet the carb.
Yup... piston no4 has melted!!! :eek:

You need to swap a couple of jets in the carb and set the mixture up correctly if you wanna run high boost safeley!

Get on to http://www.rtoc.orghttp://www.rtoc.org mate.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3

Originally from York, but lived in Notts for 6 years. Now in sunny Hinckley

Revels Mum & Sister

I am thinking of Buying a Renault 5 as well as my clio.

After driving Dans from Max Power when we done the install on it. Loved it, quite a rapid little mover. Another mate had one cranked up to around 20-23PSi (I think) was about 200-220BHP! That sound rite??

That surprised everyone. hehe the looks on some peoples faces. Sounded the bollies as well.

Anyone selling a ren 5 here?? PM ME!!!!

This will make you boys cry, but when i had my punto gt, it used to run 15 psi standard and 18 psi overboost, thats when the pierburg b/c worked.

On the stock turbo you can run anything up to 22/23psi safely. I ran 21/22 psi for 25k miles with no problems.

On the RR it ran 160 bhp and 180lb of torque at 3,000 rpm.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

But you have fuel injection and the ECU sorts it all out for you...

Dont forget the R5 GTT is very old now!

Rich, i know that, thats wasnt might point. My point was that is a hell of alot of boost for a stock engine. My scooby only runs 14psi stock, with a fuel cut a 17psi, modern cars tend to runs less boost.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3

Yeah i used to have a Punto GT too, had a bleed valve but i was always too scared to use it!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Jonto on 23 January 2003

Rich, i know that, thats wasnt might point. My point was that is a hell of alot of boost for a stock engine. My scooby only runs 14psi stock, with a fuel cut a 17psi, modern cars tend to runs less boost.
Ah... gotcha! :)

Yeah, it is a hell of a lot of boost for standard and they were not massively powerful at that level either. Was it 137bhp as standard I seem to recall?!

If the R5 or the Scoob had the boost wound up that high, theyd chuck out a lot more power. :D