ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

just bought a cup

Hi guys ,

Just purchased my first cup well pick it up on sat.
The car is going to be used for doing track Recci's before my sprint season starts , i run a 750hp subaru impreza but just want a cheap car to learn lines of new circuits before events start.

I have been told the car has a noisy dephaser pulley wheel and the steering rack mounts need changing (advisory on MOT )and a slight misfire when its hot !!

Are these easy fixes on these fantastic little cars.

Cheers Lee

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Dephaser is about £100. Have the belts been done?

Misfire when hot, probably a coil, plugs or leads. Oh and more importantly pics of Impreza please

Belts have been done mate but obviously not changed pulley at the same time alot who dont know cars just do what is required instead of thinking ahead ;)
I will try and take with me new plugs leads and a coilpack just in case .

Oh Pictures of race car on there way !

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Cheapest place I found for the dephaser was on eBay. I work in the car trade and couldn't get it any cheaper. Get your self signed up as a member be the best £12 you will spend mate

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Edit; just looked at the pics and at a recent track day you and another guy were the talk of the day! They saw your car at a sprint up at Castle Combe.

(Unless there's another guy with a classic scoob that's mentally fast with a massive rear wing on it??)

Yeh just going to improve it not by much just up rate the lower dogbone the upper engine mount some new rear springs and shocks just standered